Corsair Community

CMSA8GX3M2A1333C9 with non-Mac system

craighw70

• Corsair Employee
Since you have the modules you can try them if your reseller will take them back opened but I cant find any information on your system so I would suggest sending them back and purchase the memory directly from the OEM

Thanks for your reply.

I worded my original question badly.

What I really need know is if this memory is for PC's and Mac and the Mac title is because it's been tested and works or if it will only work in a Mac.

Was too scared to open the packaging as wanted to be able to return as new (to Amazon.co.uk), hence my question first.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

Craig

• Corsair Employee

Oh I see well let me put it this way. Part Number's CMSA8GX3M2A1333C9 and CMSX8GX3M2A1333C9 are the same basic BOM (Bill Of Materials) but what is different is the Memory IC we use is restricted to only memory IC's that we have qualified on Mac systems. Weather it is an X86 or an Apple based on an Intel plat form they work the same however, there is no BIOS on a MAC so what ever you install has to work with the supplied SPD information and some memory IC's will not run stable with out some tweaking. Apple does not sell MB's per say like say ASUS does on channel products; Apple only test with a restricted set of hardware so any memory will have to work with what was provided by Apple at the time of production.

So your question "Will these modules work on a channel/X86 system?

A: yes they should but we do not test them on non Apple systems so no way I can make that promise...:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived