Corsair Community

It would had been nice if they told me before hand

kscott190

So last week I sent in my H100 to be RMA'd

It gets there on Friday. Now I'm expecting I would get it back this Friday but instead I get an email with a message telling me they're refusing my MA because i didn't send in the cooling fans.

Nearly a week after getting it you now tell me I gotta send in the fans?

Why the heck do you even need the fans, it's the cooler that I'm RMA'ing not the fans

When you RMA things, Companies usually expect everything that was included back so they may have a better chance to find out how it caused the issue.

You can contact customer service via the toll-free number using Skype and ask if they can do anything about it and if you do need to send the fans back.

When you RMA things, Companies usually expect everything that was included back so they may have a better chance to find out how it caused the issue.

You can contact customer service via the toll-free number using Skype and ask if they can do anything about it and if you do need to send the fans back.

I don't know what companies you've dealt with but I've never had to send back the extras that came along

I just find it silly and very inconvenient that they're asking for the fans

Now I'm going to have to send them off and wait until they get there next Friday and then wait for however long it takes them to send me out a replacement

Won't get a new cooler until the middle of next month it looks like

Hey Guys, before we all get bent out of shape about this, lets find out for sure.

Kscott, I too have dealt with other companies that needed all of the accessories to get proper credit for an RMA or to have to return something. BestBuy is a good example of just one of them. ASUS is another..they want all accessories from a MB But that's neither here nor there.

This would be the first time i have sen them reject an RMA because of the fans ,but I do know that they used to do the same thing with PSU's. They used to let you keep the cables and send back just the PSU itself. But that policy changed last year and now they require all of the cables to be sent back.

They may be starting the same thing with the coolers , but usually there is some sort of response from Ramguy that would confirm this.

As far as I know they have not done that with the coolers as of yet... But for now i really would suggest you call CS and ask them about this. See if there is a way they can send you out an advanced replacement until the fans are shipped back if they need to be at all and that would keep your down time down to a minimum.

Hey Guys, before we all get bent out of shape about this, lets find out for sure.

Kscott, I too have dealt with other companies that needed all of the accessories to get proper credit for an RMA or to have to return something. BestBuy is a good example of just one of them. ASUS is another..they want all accessories from a MB But that's neither here nor there.

This would be the first time i have sen them reject an RMA because of the fans ,but I do know that they used to do the same thing with PSU's. They used to let you keep the cables and send back just the PSU itself. But that policy changed last year and now they require all of the cables to be sent back.

They may be starting the same thing with the coolers , but usually there is some sort of response from Ramguy that would confirm this.

As far as I know they have not done that with the coolers as of yet... But for now i really would suggest you call CS and ask them about this. See if there is a way they can send you out an advanced replacement until the fans are shipped back if they need to be at all and that would keep your down time down to a minimum.

That must be new with ASUS because I RMA'd a MB last year and multiple times before and once did they ever ask for the accessories

I RMA"d a AX1200 a couple years ago and they never asked for the cables

yeah I'm going to call them and see what's up

• Corsair Employee

Yes. do you need to send the fans included with the cooler, otherwise customer service will not process your RMA. That has been the policy for our coolers ever since. Different products will require different guidelines in following warranty policy.

You can keep the bracket and screws but not the fans. I hope that clears up some confusion.

Archived