Corsair Community

Clicking sound with pump(assuming)

Xeeh

I just installed yesterday, the firmware is 1.0.4, according to the Link software before I uninstalled it because it didn't seem compatible with Windows 8. I have the fans connected to a fan controller and the pump header connected to the CPU cooling slot. I've read that it was an issue with certain power supplies, I'm using a Corsair AX850, not sure if that's the an issue with it. Is it possible air bubbles? It comes and goes at times, leaning the tower over does not do much of anything, I've re-installed the backplate, even used some rubber washers to help flush it and secure it even better.

Edit: H100i is the cooler, forgot to even include it.

Hi,

I have the same problem just installed mine yesterday it says firmware version 1.0.4 i get the same clicking from the pump it is the pump it is the most annoying sounds like the internal fan is hitting something inside.

Also the corsair software is really buggy it takes a few attempts before i can it to load and even then it crash's if i try do anything this is very poor by any standards.

I would also like to know if this is a problem or should we RMA if the internal fan is hitting something inside there's a good chance it will either break apart of cause excessive wear reducing the item's life span.

Lee

hi,

had the same problem

get the fans of the cooling block

i pulled out the connector from the waterpump and the clicking sound was gone than i reconected them and there was the sound again

get the fans of the cooling block ,Plug the fans into the motherboard chassis fan headers

and see if its gone

hi

Thanks for help that was the first thing i did it is the pump i connected the cooler outside the case with just the pump on and the clicking is there going to leave it running for a few days see it whatever is in there wears down or breaks either way i am not too fused i'll just send it back if it does not clear and try a differant brand.

Lee

The clicking sound is mostly gone, It comes and goes, might be due to the warming up stage of the pump. The item was in transit with fed ex for 9 days before reaching me so I assume it's been in the cold for awhile and it went away completely last night but the computer was running, I had it shut down and its back but slightly there.. not as noticeable. So I'll give it another day, seems to be just the pump breaking in.

Archived