Corsair Community

Windows 8 not compatible with the Link Software?

Xeeh

So I installed the H100i last night and the noise was silent for the most part, I got into Windows and installed the link software, then a clicking, hard drive seek sound started happening. I uninstalled the software and the pump and sound level went back to normal, not to mention during restart I would receive an error from the Software when powering down, had issues adjusting fan speeds in the software.

So could I just disconnect all the cables from the pump and wire the fans into my fan controller and not even bother using the Link software? Also is the header for the Pump suppose to have only one pin?

Currently the link software is not compatible with windows 8, hopefully that will change soon, that doesn't stop it from running, but it does seem to have a few minor issues.

The header wire leading from your pump, only has one wire, as it is just the wire used to report the pump speed, the other two wires normally used for power aren't needed, because the pump draws power direct from the psu via the sata plug.

At the moment, until the new software and firmware is sorted out, the best setup is to not use the link software, and to have the fans running from your motherboard sysfan headers. That way you avoid pretty much all the potential pitfalls.

Currently the link software is not compatible with windows 8, hopefully that will change soon, that doesn't stop it from running, but it does seem to have a few minor issues.

The header wire leading from your pump, only has one wire, as it is just the wire used to report the pump speed, the other two wires normally used for power aren't needed, because the pump draws power direct from the psu via the sata plug.

At the moment, until the new software and firmware is sorted out, the best setup is to not use the link software, and to have the fans running from your motherboard sysfan headers. That way you avoid pretty much all the potential pitfalls.

Alright, thank you. Powering down to make adjustments now, lol..

Archived