Corsair Community

New Neutron GTX 240GB Model? Lower Speeds?

I've noticed a new Neutron GTX 240GB model on Neweggs site with lower speeds than the other GTX models. Does anyone have any information on this?

It its also more expensive than the original Neutron GTX 240gb. Whats going on?

Original:

Model #: CSSD-N240GBGTX-BK

Max Sequential Read: Up to 555 MB/s

Max Sequential Write: Up to 511 MB/

New:

Model #: CSSD-N240GBGTXB-BK

Max Sequential Read: Up to 550 MB/s

Max Sequential Write: Up to 470 MB/

http://i.imgur.com/YTasseD.png

I am sorry but I dont really see a question here. Yes a new version of the drive was offered and the spec is slightly different and yes it is using different flash rams.

I have a question- I purchased the original model mentioned in the first post (CSSD-N240GBGTX-BK). I was looking to run a raid-0 array and the only model currently available is the second model (CSSD-N240GBGTXB-BK). Will these models be compatible in a raid-0 array together?

I am sorry but I dont really see a question here. Yes a new version of the drive was offered and the spec is slightly different and yes it is using different flash rams.

Just now getting back to this thread sorry. I've been having issues with my operating system on a system known to be stable before this SSD. So I am coming back for answers.

Thats pretty rude. Seemed like a pretty solid question to me. How about a little bit of an explanation as to why for those of us that bought the original?

Just now getting back to this thread sorry. I've been having issues with my operating system on a system known to be stable before this SSD. So I am coming back for answers.

Thats pretty rude. Seemed like a pretty solid question to me. How about a little bit of an explanation as to why for those of us that bought the original?

+1 on the rude response. I'm new to the forum so wasn't expecting to see a response like that on the official Corsair forum. My question, however, still stands. If looking to upgrade to a raid-0 setup, is this possible using the newer model, or do I have to somehow look at purchasing the older model somewhere that still carries it or has it in stock? Seems kind of silly considering I just purchased the SSD 3 months ago...

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry if that was rude to you but I dont see how that can be taken that way.

The Flash that is available to us has changed and as such a new part was created and the performance information was posted to show the performance on the new part.

It is just that simple, so again I am sorry I dont know what else I can say to address your concerns.

And you can try it but I would not suggest mixing two different drives in Raid.

EDIT: I just spoke to Engineering and they have confirmed these two drives can be used in RAID as long as they are the same Firmware version.

Archived