Corsair Community

corsair vengeance 1866 Problem

linuzzu92

Hi guys,

I've got corsair vengeance ram (model cmz8gx3m2a1866c9b), unfortunately for some reason I can not set them to 1866 even if you select the profile xmp.

Motherboard and processor are compatible.( Asus p8h77-v le - i5 3350p)

what's the problem? I tried to set it manually, but nothing! The computer does not start. remains the monitor all black.

help me please ... Thanks

First make sure your BIOS is up to date and please flash to the latest version if there is one available.

Then try setting the DIMM voltage to 1.55v manually with the XMP profile selected. If that fails, then it may be best to start testing the modules one at a time with memtest.

Let each stick run for about three passes or until you get an error. If both sticks produce errors then I would tend to think there is some issue with the MB. It should attempt to boot but not show a black screen at 1866mhz. Thats not much of an overclock for that combo and should be easily achieved.

First make sure your BIOS is up to date and please flash to the latest version if there is one available.

Then try setting the DIMM voltage to 1.55v manually with the XMP profile selected. If that fails, then it may be best to start testing the modules one at a time with memtest.

Let each stick run for about three passes or until you get an error. If both sticks produce errors then I would tend to think there is some issue with the MB. It should attempt to boot but not show a black screen at 1866mhz. Thats not much of an overclock for that combo and should be easily achieved.

ok thanks for the reply.

I try to select the profile xmp and manually put 1.55 v ! I feel now and I inform you.

I set profile xmp and 1.55V manual, but nothing will not start! remains a black screen and no signs of life. I can not even do the memtest .. still stuck with black screen.

that problem can be? maybe I have to increase the voltage of some element? or maybe I need to enable / disable some item from the bios?

help me!! :-(

No, you shouldn't need to make any other BIOS changes . Try using just one stick..If that fails remove it and try the other. by itself.

Let me know the results of this.

test performed ... unfortunately does not start even with only 1 module ... black screen ... no beep no sign of life ... :-(

I recommend you to put 1.65v for dimm voltage...

Be sure about you default setting on the cpu, just stock then load the XMP profile.

goodluck

Sorry bomberman....Not on that MB/CPU with that memory kit! DO NOT use 1.65v. If anything 1.6v max and if they will not run at that voltage then there are other issues at hand. But if both sticks are doing the same thing i would contact ASUS and see about having the board replaced.

• 3 weeks later...

There is, but not so defined as in AMD's are. And since this is technically overclocking,the number of slots populated has a huge roll in any system. Intels just are not as sensitive. You can overclock the current Intels much higher and with more sticks than you can an AMD system.

But in this guys situation where none of the memory would allow the system to start even at default sppeds that would point to a dead stick. That and he was only using one stick of ram which really is not much of a load on the memory controller. Which is why AMD has that chart. It's not about any specific AMD board ect. It's about load on the memory controller.

Archived