Corsair Community

H100 install issue - matching pump block to CPU Head

ratbags21

I am about to start building my gamning PC (Carbide 500R/Sabertooth Z77/i7 3770k/H100). I have read several posts about people having trouble marrying up the bottom of the pump block with top of the CPU head leading to high temperatures being experienced.

This issue may be caused by incorrect installation, or on the other hand, it may be due to faulty manufacture.

Either way, any advice/tips etc etc on this installation would be much appreciated.

thanks

No real tips to hand out. Just follow the installation instruction and let us know if you have any troubles.

There's only been a handful of complaints with this board and without being able to physically see them, i would tend to think some are user error..as for the rest , again it would be hard to comment without being able to see it.

Thanks guys.

i think what i really meant was that although people appear to have installed the pump block according to the instructions, they still could not get it to sit tightly on the CPU head. In other words, that the 4 spacers do not allow the head to sink right onto the CPU. Anyway, I will build this on Monday and re-post if something does not go right. Just trying to get ahead of the game :biggrin:

Archived