Corsair Community

H80i Mounting problem

Appok

I had this H80i for almost a month now. I recently purchased a Cooler master haf XB case

I can no longer mount an exhaust fan to my RAD, the screws will not catch the threads. Only 1 screw will catch no problem the other 3 will just spin.

Now im only running a front fan on the RAD and mounted the RAD to the rear fan bracket. and my CPU runs hot, it idles around 45-50c and under load it goes 55 - 65c

I use to be getting 25-35c idle and under load with push / pull

• Corsair Employees
I am not clear on the issue you see but if you both have the same case there may be a gap more so than on other cases causing the screw to not catch. If that is the issue I would try the hardware store or Hobie store and look for screws that are 6/32 1.5" long and see if that will solve the mounting issue. If I do understand the issue correctly

I ended up switching out the cougar 120mm FAN with the standard Cooler master 120mm that came with the case and 3/4 screws are able to screw in place 1 out of the 3 is loose compared to the other 2.

I just been really disappointed with H80i since i first got it, seems like it was rush in Q&A :S

I am not clear on the issue you see but if you both have the same case there may be a gap more so than on other cases causing the screw to not catch. If that is the issue I would try the hardware store or Hobie store and look for screws that are 6/32 1.5" long and see if that will solve the mounting issue. If I do understand the issue correctly

The case isn't really the problem. its the same distance with my old Corsair mid tower case. I just need longer screws so my cougar 120mm can be slapped on.

But im thinking of picking up a double pack of Corsair AF120mm silent fans, to put on the RAD and put the 2 cougar 120mm in the of the case front.

Archived