Corsair Community

H100i experience so far

Ragingsoul

So, this week end I made my new Rig setup.

i7 3770K

Asus Sabertooth Z77

-H100i

Kingston HyperX Beast, 2x8GB, DDR3-2133

Corsair Graphite 600T Midi-Tower - White (Special Edition)

I'm very satisfied with the setup at the moment, the combo is pretty good.

Things that I have noticed while making it:

-H100i manual has a mistake in the text for the screws to use. Also, there is no mention that there is actually an orientation to the backplane for the 1155 MB.

- I think most people complaining about this just didn't pay attention to it (to be honest, I didn't too, I was just lucky to have it the right way the first time, and was releved when found out about it and check how I did it).

-I plugged the pump to the sata, didn't install link or usb.

I wanted something silent, so at first I plugged the fans with the 600T fan controller, to install windows.

But it was still too loud for me, so after my install was done, I went with my Asus fan controller.

What I love about the Sabertooth, is the fact that you can even turn off the fans.

With my i7 3770k @ 4.1Ghz, at idle, I don't even need to put the fans to the radiator on. Asus gives me about 30 degrees at idle, and RealTemp about 35, with no Fan active on the radiator.

I ran prime95 for 3h, @ 4.1 Ghz, around 1.1 VCore, and the max temperature I got were 45 degrees with Asus Termal Monitor, and 65 with RealTemp. The fans were running at around 1000RPM only

SO, my question is:

With so many people reporting that the Corsair link software can mess things up, and that I don't think you can turn off the fans completely with it, is there a reason (regarding the pump) to install the software besides the led color? it there a negative aspect of not having the software installed for the longevity of the kit?

" don't try to fix something that ain't broken", I guess that phrase is true.

I'm very happy with idle temps, with just the pump working and fans off, my computer is almost completely silent. When I demand more power, the fans (control by the Sabertooth) starts automatically passed 35 degrees and have no problem keeping the system cool. I'm not doing crazy OCing too so heat is minimum.

So, this week end I made my new Rig setup.

i7 3770K

Asus Sabertooth Z77

-H100i

Kingston HyperX Beast, 2x8GB, DDR3-2133

Corsair Graphite 600T Midi-Tower - White (Special Edition)

I'm very satisfied with the setup at the moment, the combo is pretty good.

Things that I have noticed while making it:

-H100i manual has a mistake in the text for the screws to use. Also, there is no mention that there is actually an orientation to the backplane for the 1155 MB.

- I think most people complaining about this just didn't pay attention to it (to be honest, I didn't too, I was just lucky to have it the right way the first time, and was releved when found out about it and check how I did it).

I wanted something silent, so at first I plugged the fans with the 600T fan controller, to install windows.

But it was still too loud for me, so after my install was done, I went with my Asus fan controller.

What I love about the Sabertooth, is the fact that you can even turn off the fans.

With my i7 3770k @ 4.1Ghz, at idle, I don't even need to put the fans to the radiator on. Asus gives me about 30 degrees at idle, and RealTemp about 35, with no Fan active on the radiator.

I ran prime95 for 3h, @ 4.1 Ghz, around 1.1 VCore, and the max temperature I got were 45 degrees with Asus Termal Monitor, and 65 with RealTemp. The fans were running at around 1000RPM only

SO, my question is:

With so many people reporting that the Corsair link software can mess things up, and that I don't think you can turn off the fans completely with it, is there a reason (regarding the pump) to install the software besides the led color? it there a negative aspect of not having the software installed for the longevity of the kit?

" don't try to fix something that ain't broken", I guess that phrase is true.

I'm very happy with idle temps, with just the pump working and fans off, my computer is almost completely silent. When I demand more power, the fans (control by the Sabertooth) starts automatically passed 35 degrees and have no problem keeping the system cool. I'm not doing crazy OCing too so heat is minimum.

no you dont need the software for the cooler to work

as far as the light not showing correctly for some it must be a big major deal even tho i cant see how personally as im more interested in the cooling rather than the glitter factor of it.

no you dont need the software for the cooler to work

as far as the light not showing correctly for some it must be a big major deal even tho i cant see how personally as im more interested in the cooling rather than the glitter factor of it.

The light is fine on mine, I don't mind not being able to change the color if it means not messing up the rest.

My question was more about the pump, if not installing anything means it's at 100% all the time, and the impact on durability.

The light is fine on mine, I don't mind not being able to change the color if it means not messing up the rest.

My question was more about the pump, if not installing anything means it's at 100% all the time, and the impact on durability.

the pump runs one speed regardless ,its the fans and such the software controls

the pump runs one speed regardless ,its the fans and such the software controls

ok, thx for the reply, I'll leave it like this for now then.

Still, at low RPM, the fans are having low grinding noises, even controlled by the Motherboard. I wounder how they will fix this with a firmware.

I don't care much since I disable them when surfing, or watching videos, and those noises don't really matter compare to the sound of the speakers when gaming. But I understand the frustration of people that can't disable them using an external method.

Ii have also used H100 and H100i with Inetl Core i7 3770K with Asus P8Z77-V-Deluxe.

The CPU is OCed to 4.5Ghz with offset voltage of +0.020 which is at 1.224 at max load. With the H100i I get after 15 minutes of Prim95 a 75 degrees. So I'm happy with that - I think.

The problem is that the H100i pump has a high pitch noise and I don't use Corsair fans and they are not connected to the pump either.

Ii have also used H100 and H100i with Inetl Core i7 3770K with Asus P8Z77-V-Deluxe.

The CPU is OCed to 4.5Ghz with offset voltage of +0.020 which is at 1.224 at max load. With the H100i I get after 15 minutes of Prim95 a 75 degrees. So I'm happy with that - I think.

The problem is that the H100i pump has a high pitch noise and I don't use Corsair fans and they are not connected to the pump either.

if you have 75 after 15min, it's quite high already.

Run it at least 1h and see if the temps are rising.

Yeah, the pump has a little high pitch noise, since at idle only 2 other fans are running (but at 700 RPM) I can hear it too. if I'm below the computer through, you don't hear it since it mostly comes from the top.

I don't use their software either, motherboard is much better in that regard.

if you have 75 after 15min, it's quite high already.

Run it at least 1h and see if the temps are rising.

Yeah, the pump has a little high pitch noise, since at idle only 2 other fans are running (but at 700 RPM) I can hear it too. if I'm below the computer through, you don't hear it since it mostly comes from the top.

I don't use their software either, motherboard is much better in that regard.

actually, I tried to make a video of it, and really, I hear nothing on the video once I configure the fans to stop spinning when CPU is idle. There is a little high pitch noise, but it's really so quite, camera can't even pick it up.

Ragingsoul,

Just to confirm: Did you plug in the cpu fan connector to the mobo along with the sata power cable (they are on the same ribbon I think)? Or, was the sata power the only thing you connected?

The reason I ask is that I may try your solution...

Ragingsoul,

Just to confirm: Did you plug in the cpu fan connector to the mobo along with the sata power cable (they are on the same ribbon I think)? Or, was the sata power the only thing you connected?

The reason I ask is that I may try your solution...

the sata is for the pump, the cpu connector is just to get a reading for the motherboard.

not connecting sata= no power to pump

not connecting cpu connector = might not be able to boot.

the fans however are regulated by the motherboard like I said.

Under 35 degrees, there is no need to turn them on as the cpu is cooled enough, so they are shut down automatically.

This gets you a powerful computer, that will be very quiet when you don't use the power, and still be able to cool everything when you're demanding power.

Archived