Corsair Community

HELP! Silent fans making big noise - metal vents on side making loud noises? 300R

Justin4280

Unforeseen problem here.. New case. I got a Corsair 300R which I love and I'd hate to have to cut it up 1 week into owning it.

But when I install silent low speed fans to the metal door, at the metal honeycomb vent, the air rushing in the case makes a loud annoying noise.

Am I going to have to cut the metal out? Anybody else heard of this problem?

Thnaks

Unforeseen problem here.. New case. I got a Corsair 300R which I love and I'd hate to have to cut it up 1 week into owning it.

But when I install silent low speed fans to the metal door, at the metal honeycomb vent, the air rushing in the case makes a loud annoying noise.

Am I going to have to cut the metal out? Anybody else heard of this problem?

Thnaks

theres a simple fix,just buy a rubber gasket for it,newegg,amazon,tigerdirect all sell em

120mm, or 140mm?

Double-check that the fans are securely fastened to the panel. Breaking out the Dremel...absolutely not.

What type (make/model) of fans are they, and are they connected to (and controlled by) the mobo headers, or not?

Judging by a quick look at your specs I would suggest that you may want to think about switching to side exhaust -instead of intake.

120mm, or 140mm?

Double-check that the fans are securely fastened to the panel. Breaking out the Dremel...absolutely not.

What type (make/model) of fans are they, and are they connected to (and controlled by) the mobo headers, or not?

Judging by a quick look at your specs I would suggest that you may want to think about switching to side exhaust -instead of intake.

They were 120mm thermaltake fans. I have since ordered 3 logisys 120mm extreme quiet sf120's. rubber cases. Was planning on 2 on the side and 1 for exhaust.

Why side exhaust?

Originally, I had 2 140mm CM as side intake and had to deal with an insane amount of dust accumulation -even with filters.

Side benefit to 330R side exhaust...they tend to vent your GPUs exhaust quite nicely.

Well, as far as I could tell, the noise was air flowing through the metal mesh vents on the side. I held the fans away, moved it closer to the vent where a terrible whirling noise started.

I'll just have to see how these new fans pan out. If nothing else, I abandon the sides all together and use my new ones for front air intakes.

All fans are 3 or 4 pin, attached to mobo.

Archived