Corsair Community

New User - H100i

CordlezToaster

Hi

Just recently bought and installed a h100i.

After reading through the forum first, i can honestly say im reluctant to install any software or firmware in fear of having issues.

I don't know what version of firmware i have.

Is it ok to run how its is now with out software installed?, should i be installing software? is there a safe version to use?.

Cheers

CT

Hi

Just recently bought and installed a h100i.

After reading through the forum first, i can honestly say im reluctant to install any software or firmware in fear of having issues.

I don't know what version of firmware i have.

Is it ok to run how its is now with out software installed?, should i be installing software? is there a safe version to use?.

Cheers

CT

you can run it without the software,you just wont have control of some of its features

CorsairLink 2.1.7 was the first with the bootloader so try that one. Stay with that one too cos you'll need it to flash the firmware, but only if you have a fault that needs new firmware, or as wytnyt has pointed out, if you want full control.

Yup, DO NOT flash the FW unless it's needed. The best thing to do is just install it and see how it works before worrying about the FW. In most cases there is no problems.

Additionally the software can be uninstalled but the FW can not be re-flashed to an earlier version once it's been upgraded.

Archived