Corsair Community

Issue with Corsair 24 pin individually sleeved cable for AX 750

VitaX

Does anyone here own both an AX power supply and a Gigabyte UP5 TH by chance? Reason I ask is because I've just built my signature rig and ran across an odd issue. The 24 pin motherboard power connector that came with the Corsair AX 750 PSU fits in the motherboard connection easily enough. It snaps in and the tab bites down on the lip of the motherboard connection.

Here comes the issue: I also purchased the individually sleeved cables for this power supply since I thought they looked pretty decent for the price. I'm having trouble fitting the 24 pin into the corresponding connection on the motherboard now. I informed Corsair of this and even provided pictures showing the pins on both connectors. They were nice enough to ship out an entirely new set. Still, it just does not want to snap in and the tab is not biting down on the lip of the connection.

I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced power supply cables not snapping in on motherboards? I'm just wondering if its fine to use like that. I'd rather not just keep pressing down on the connector to force it on, because the motherboard is experiencing some serious bending when I do this and I don't know how much it would take before something bad happens.

P.S. I should mention this as well. The GPU and CPU connectors fit into their respective counterparts with ease as well as the power supply itself. But, with the 24 pin connector, it does not want to snap into place on both the power supply and the motherboard. This happened with both sets I've tried. Has anyone experienced this before? I guess I'm just wondering if its OK if the connectors don't want to snap into their respective counterparts, but are close enough? I don't want to force them in because I don't think I should have to do that.

Yes, it's not uncommon for a 24pin connector to not want to go in. I have fought them for a half an hour for one connection. Sometime just trying to wiggle the connector as you inserting into the MB will help align the pins. Just don try to foce them in. Finesse is the key! :)

Most of the time it's pretty easy, the only time i really have had any issue is with sleeved cabled. I think what happens is the sleeving pushes the pins ever so slightly to one side or the other. Just enough to make it a PIA to accomplish. Then to multiply that by 24 can make it pretty tough sometimes.

I think with a little perseverance you'll eventually get. Check the connector real good and see if you can see any of the pins that may be off center and just realign it.

Yes, it's not uncommon for a 24pin connector to not want to go in. I have fought them for a half an hour for one connection. Sometime just trying to wiggle the connector as you inserting into the MB will help align the pins. Just don try to foce them in. Finesse is the key! :)

Most of the time it's pretty easy, the only time i really have had any issue is with sleeved cabled. I think what happens is the sleeving pushes the pins ever so slightly to one side or the other. Just enough to make it a PIA to accomplish. Then to multiply that by 24 can make it pretty tough sometimes.

I think with a little perseverance you'll eventually get. Check the connector real good and see if you can see any of the pins that may be off center and just realign it.

Must be the reason why this is such a PIA to accomplish. I literally took the power supply out of the case and unhooked all the cables just to see how much force it would take to plug in the motherboard connector into the power supply and it was a hell of a ton. You stated you had some difficulties with the motherboard connector, but did you also have difficulty plugging it into the power supply as well? All the other connectors from this kit plug in just fine, but this damn 24 pin connector just makes me think something is going to bust if I apply more pressure to it for both the motherboard and power supply connections.

This can tend to happen from time to time you are saying? I should just keep playing with it not tending to apply or overly exert myself in applying the pressure needed to seat the connector down in the connection? And in the end, if I just can't get the damn thing to seat down all the way, but its very close; what would you determine about that? Would it be fine to leave it as is or should I consider returning this power supply for another one? IT seems to me though, like you were saying, it has to be the damn cable itself since the 24 pin connector that came with the power supply goes in just fine to both the motherboard and power supply connections.

Must be the reason why this is such a PIA to accomplish. I literally took the power supply out of the case and unhooked all the cables just to see how much force it would take to plug in the motherboard connector into the power supply and it was a hell of a ton. You stated you had some difficulties with the motherboard connector, but did you also have difficulty plugging it into the power supply as well?

I can't comment on the PSu side . I haven't owned one of those units.

This can tend to happen from time to time you are saying?

Yuppers. I've had it happen with both 24 pin extensions and another brand PSU . Three times out of about 6 different PSU /system combinations. But just the once with a standard PSU that was not modular. Not all of them belonged to me.

Archived