Corsair Community

H110 and H90 are here! Thoughts?

scorpy

I'm struggling to see how the H110 will work with the 500R. I've got the 500R and I am not finding any 140mm fan mounts up top (there are a second set of holes in the case top but they're too small to pass the mounting screws through). Also, the H110 radiator appears to be slightly thicker than the H100 radiator; if so I seriously doubt it will fit outside the top of the case with the air filter on (there's no clearance past the H100).

1027647327_Carbide500RTopFanMounts.thumb.jpg.06e95a6b9ac8418b95c0af7b63c9aec5.jpg

85774593_Carbide500RTopRadiatorMount.thumb.jpg.e57e16de48905e4abc121067412128f9.jpg

I'm struggling to see how the H110 will work with the 500R. I've got the 500R and I am not finding any 140mm fan mounts up top (there are a second set of holes in the case top but they're too small to pass the mounting screws through). Also, the H110 radiator appears to be slightly thicker than the H100 radiator; if so I seriously doubt it will fit outside the top of the case with the air filter on (there's no clearance past the H100).

I've had 2 1400mm fans mounted up top in a 500R

• Corsair Employee

The H110 will fit the 500R (If top of the MB permits), but the tubes needs to be positioned towards the optical bay rather the standard position, rear part of the case.

• Corsair Employee
Not sure if this is possible at this point. All coolers that are made by Coolit are the only ones compatible with C Link and H90 is made by Asetek. It may stay the same or may change in the future, that I don't know.

• 2 weeks later...
The H110 will fit the 500R (If top of the MB permits), but the tubes needs to be positioned towards the optical bay rather the standard position, rear part of the case.

Actually, the H110 does not fit perfectly in the 500R, IF you mount it with the end tank on the rear side of the case. The end tank of the H110 interferes with the I/O shield surround. I had to drill the 140mm fan holes up to 1/4" to align the holes, which meant they lost their threads. Even then, I still had to force the rad back to align the screws to the rad holes. Other than that, the H110 does its job well. Better than the H100i, if I say so myself.

• 3 months later...

Archived