Corsair Community

H110 and H90 are here! Thoughts?

scorpy

I just saw the announcement that these are available. Wish I would have known that, just bought the H100i last week :/

H110

http://www.corsair.com/us/cpu-cooling-kits/hydro-series-water-cooling-cpu-cooler/hydro-series-h110-280mm-high-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler.html

H90

http://www.corsair.com/us/cpu-cooling-kits/hydro-series-water-cooling-cpu-cooler/hydro-series-h90-140mm-high-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler.html

I do find it amusing that both pages say No for the warranty. Little bit of a change from the 5 year warranty on the others :D:

They don't look like too bad of coolers if you got the space for them...

Well the H90 seems like a logical step up from the H60 as plenty of cases have a 140mm rear exhaust, although I am surprised there is no double thick Variant like the H80, I assume that will be the H95 if they make it. As for the H100i I am not sure how many cases can mount 140mms up top but this will be something good to compete with the Kraken x60. I figure there will be "i" models of these somewhere down the road as well. I personally will be sticking with my H100i until they either make a double thick version of those or 360/480mm versions as I do plan on upgrading my 800D to a 900D.

I'm not the type to buy something "as is".

I'm not happy atm with my 10day old H100i,

only partly working. What I immediately noticed

in the picture of the H110 was a different "pump".

That, disturbed me.

why did it disturb you?

From the looks of the H90 and 110 based on the pictures they're asetek made and the H100i is coolit made...

Different manufacturers, different pumps.

The h110 and the x60 look exactly the same. CPU block, rad, tubes. Anyone know who made the parts? Does corsair have any cases that will support 2x140 top mounted rad? I know one of the cases has a 2x140 mount on the side panel but that's not exactly a place I would want to put am AIO liquid cooler.

The h110 and the x60 look exactly the same. CPU block, rad, tubes. Anyone know who made the parts? Does corsair have any cases that will support 2x140 top mounted rad? I know one of the cases has a 2x140 mount on the side panel but that's not exactly a place I would want to put am AIO liquid cooler.
I know the 650D will and the 800D for sure, I'm not sure about the others. But that information should be available in the tech specs for each case. I know the 650D does, because I own one! :P

Any case that has room for two 140 fans at the top will take the H110

Looking at my 550D I think you could fit one in if you put the fans above the radiator so the pipes have room to come out, wouldn't recommend that though get a H100i, I might just be saying that because I have one. Also there is no SP140 fan so that would put me off.

Thankfully I don't feel one bit sick I just bought a H100i :D:

I'm sure you could fit 5 H110's in a 900D, lol.

I know the 650D will and the 800D for sure, I'm not sure about the others. But that information should be available in the tech specs for each case. I know the 650D does, because I own one! :P

The 800D will not support the H110 without modification, it only has mounts for 120mm fans up top.

• Administrators

H110 Case Compatibility

http://www.overclock.net/t/1350465/tpu-corsair-introduces-the-hydro-series-h110-and-h90-liquid-cpu-coolers/70#post_19076361

So the H110 has the same mounting holes as the 400R, 500R, C70, 550D, 650D, and 900D. Whether they'll fit in the 400R or 550D will depend on your motherboard, but they should fit with most boards, provided the 8pin CPU cable and VRM heatsink doesn't interfere.

Originally Posted by CorsairGeorge

So the H110 has the same mounting holes as the 400R, 500R, C70, 550D, 650D, and 900D. Whether they'll fit in the 400R or 550D will depend on your motherboard, but they should fit with most boards, provided the 8pin CPU cable and VRM heatsink doesn't interfere.

are you saying the h110 will fit in the cases?

this is conflicting info,ramguy says my 550d wont handle a h110 but the specs says it handles 2 140mm fans?

im getting ready to replace my 2600 with a 3960 and ill need something larger than my current h80

I'm saying nothing, just posting what the product manager has stated.

ill get my trusty ole ruler out and measure everything to be sure,of course the 100 series is more than adequate but overkill never hurts:D:

update

i measured and i have room to spare

it actually will be a better air tight fit as theres air gaps around the radiator where the 140mm fan would fit.

edit

are the h110 140mm fans controllable by the link commander or is it like the i-series where control is integrated?

This is typical Corsair , they could not perfect the H100 nor the H80 or the h100I and they create new problems . This is what happens with companies that have good reputation the sit in their laurels after they have a big customer base. Shame on you Corsair all your coolers have issues.......

Looks exactly like NZXT's new units...interesting. Still though, I'll stick with my H100i. It is keeping my CPU more than cool enough, and there aren't as many options for high static pressure fans in 140mm as there are in 120mm yet either. They had just better not back off on fine tuning the other units (the H80i/H100i) in favor of moving their resources over to working on the new stuff.

I think the one guy said the new pump unit 'disturbs' him because it could be seen as implying that there were some unfixable issues with the old pumps. I think they are just using Asetek's pump (and whole unit) just like NZXT is, and putting their software on it (I assume).

Archived