Corsair Community

H100 - disappointed in Corsair

singh06

Hi!

So basically, got my H100 after reading a lot of stuff about it.

The back plate is the easiest to install of the unit.

When i got that fitted, i ran into problems, one after another.

I was unhappy with how the fans were blocking mobo connectors. The CPU power plug was in the way of the fans, so i had to bend it down. Not a big problem. Then the CPU fan covered by the fan as well. Take out fan, put in CPU fan connector, screw back fan. Done.

Then trying to install the head unit itself onto the CPU. The space between the motherboard heat sink (don't know the technical term for it. The blue HS on the asus mobos) and the CPU is so small, you cannot utilize the "tool free" design. I had to help with the screwdriver. Good thing i had the screws with the notches. I hear some people struggling because they have the "new" design without.

Then i get to the point of connecting the 4pin Molex of the Unit into the PSU. What a flimsy little bugger that is. Done after a bit of struggling and mini heart attack when it slide out of my fingers. Phew

All good so far. Boot the PC for first time (i had the whole system build at the same time) And it works fine. What a relieve. I get idle temps of 27-30. That is awesome.

I stress tested a bit, prime95, temps at 70-75. Good enough. Im not gonna use the PC at full load that often anyway.

Yesterday i was playing Farcry 3, all good and well. Temps were mid 50s. Was happy about that. Closed FC3, went into steam, (Oh, how i hate the steam sale. I buy crap i don't need....) Went back to FC3, suddenly i hear my fans at FULL Speed and my temp shoot to 80. I panic and close FC3, thinking it was the problem. But nope. My idle temps are at 75 now.

Reboot PC, i get CPU Fan error. Went into Bios i get CPU fan speed "NA"

Unplugged the H100, connected it to a spare PSU and to my surprise it was the pump of the unit. It wasn't working anymore. That was just 8 days after purchase.

What should i do now?

I believe if i get another unit, it might have the same issue. I just lost all faith in Corsairs H100. Even tho I m a big corsair fan. Got all corsair parts. But here i got let down so badly.

Maybe just get a refund and get a Air cooling. What do you guys recon?

just get h100 , air cooler is big and the weight can stress the motherboard and also hard to install as h100.,maybe your not just lucky you don't get the working one but atleast you learn something worth while installing it.. have fun not all people get the perfect one.

I was unhappy with how the fans were blocking mobo connectors. The CPU power plug was in the way of the fans, so i had to bend it down. Not a big problem. Then the CPU fan covered by the fan as well. Take out fan, put in CPU fan connector, screw back fan. Done.

This isn't the coolers fault. While they are a universal cooler and are compatible with a wide variety of systems, the case and MB you choose will all come into play. It really is impossible for anyone to design a product like this that will fit every system just perfect.

Then trying to install the head unit itself onto the CPU. The space between the motherboard heat sink (don't know the technical term for it. The blue HS on the asus mobos) and the CPU is so small, you cannot utilize the "tool free" design. I had to help with the screwdriver. Good thing i had the screws with the notches. I hear some people struggling because they have the "new" design without.

Again,these are universal coolers. Corsair has no control over a manufacturers heatsink size. The screws were changed to the tooless design because too many users were using excessive force tightening them down and would snap the bolts off. They should only be snugged down good.

What should i do now?

I believe if i get another unit, it might have the same issue. I just lost all faith in Corsairs H100. Even tho I m a big corsair fan. Got all corsair parts. But here i got let down so badly.

Maybe just get a refund and get a Air cooling. What do you guys recon?

I'm sorry you had a failure, something that does happen from time to time, but i think you should atleast give Corsair the chance to make it right..which they will.

I would call CS and let them know your story. Since the unit is less than 30 days old they will pay for the shipping costs and advanced replacements are available if you call in.

• Corsair Employees
It is best to get the unit replaced, due to the pump failure. Use the link on the left and submit an RMA request. You can also request for an advance replacement to avoid downtime, but you you will need to call CS to process advance RMA.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived