Corsair Community

Corsair 650D Front Panel Wiring help

Techie2013

Hello,

Recently i decided to build my own PC. I bought Corsair 650D and ASUS Sabertooth mobo with Cosair Enth -850W power supply..

I need help with my Front Panel Wiring, I see 4 extra connectors and a fire wire cable. I tried several times to figure out where this will fit in my mobo, No i have no clue.

Can anyone help me with this..who are running same config specs.

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,

Techie2013

Apparently not much info has been provided from Corsair side.

Why should they? The motherboard is made by ASUS and not by Corsair.

You want to connect the cables to the mainboard and you WILL find all the informations for that in the manual of your mainboard. Has been like this for more than a decade now.

If you lost the manual you should try the supportpage from ASUS where you can download a PDF.

• Corsair Employees

Hi Techie,

If I remember correctly, Asus Sabertooth motherboard doesn't have Firewire internal header . If there's one, it will be labeled as IE1394 and it's located at the bottom of the motherboard along with few internal USB headers. There's only one way to connect this thus the missing 1 pin on the header and 1 closed hole on the connector. The other 4 connectors are Power Switch, Reset Switch, Power LED and HDD activity LED.

The Power Switch and reset switch have no polarity so they can be plugged in either way. The Power LED polarity is marked by the sign "+" and "-". The HDD polarity is marked by the triangle sign which is the "+" connector. The one is not marked is the "-".

Each motherboard manufacture have different pin configuration for these 4 connectors. Please consult the motherboard's manual.

Thank you.

Get rid of the firewire cable as nobody uses it these days, you can take the cables out of the front i/o panel by removing the front main pc panel then unscrew the screws at the top where the i/o panel is, just take off the back of the i/o panel by unscrewing the screws and releasing the little plastic catches then you can slide out any cables you want too by sliding them upwards out of the slots.

Ive removed the firewire port, front mic and headphones jack ports along with the USB 2 ports just leaving the USB 3 ports, that way you have less cables to manage so just leave what you'll use.

Archived