Corsair Community

k8n-e deluxe corsair xms 3200 pro

killonya

I recently purchased an asus k8n-e deluxe mother bord.I allso got some ram with it thinking it was the right kind(twinx 1024 xms 3200 512c2 pro 400mhz with the blinky lights :sunglasse ).Was this the right choise? If so the bord wont even boot the screen is black and my post repoter says computer failed due to cpu over clocking.I know im not overclocking because i used some other ram i had laying around to boot the pc and it worked fine. The clock speed is set to mach the amd 64 3000+ at stook speed. Why wont it work!? :confused: Any help would be much apresheated :!:

• Corsair Employees
I would try the modules one at a time once you have got the latest bios and then just load setup defaults and test them with http://www.memtest.org and lets make sure one is not failing! If you do find you have a weak or failing module, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Thank you for your reply Ram Guy :): .Pryer to testing i up dated my bios to the latest ver (ver 1005)and reseting it to defaults.The only thing i changed in the bios was the prymary video devece to agp. I tryed bolth modules in each slot 1 at a time.The computer still wont boot, but i can hear my post reporter saying system failed due to cpu over clocking :(: .I dont know if there bad or just the wrong kind.The lights work on them for a little while then quit after the post reporter says cpu overclocking.My motherbord user guide sugests to use corsair w942508bh-5 winbond ss(single sided) cmx 256a-3200c2pt or corsair winbond ds(double sided) cmx 512-3200c2.Seeing that the cmx512-3200c2pro had c2 in it i assumed they would work.If they are the wrong kind and or bad and i sent them back would corsair send me the rite ones? For an equal to or lesser value of corse. :confused:

p.s. I live in florida and had to pack my computers away so they wouldent get destroyed :bigeyes:

I did i tested them on an asus a7n8x-e deluxe with the latest bios and it did the same thing :sigh!:Any sugestions? The 2 vs256mb400c3 modules i have seems to work fine and are very stable even while playing doom 3.The value select works in bolth motherbords.Is vs just as good as xms?

• Corsair Employees
We can try replacing the modules, but I dont know that is a good test as these module have a much more relaxed timing. Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Just wondering what other 512 modules are compatible with this mb that

have been tested :confused: Also if the modules i have(TwinX cmx512-3200c2pro) are compatible or not?If any body has this mb i would like to know what kind of ram your using.Any advice would be great thanx :):

• Corsair Employees

I have 2 of these MB's and what has seemed to solve this is the latest bios 1.012 and then load setup defaults with the modules in slots 2-3 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts and then test your system with http://www.memtest.org.

I have been using both our Value Select and XMS modules. Also if you have an ATI 9200 or 9600 Video card I found that setting the AGP Voltage to 1.6 Volts also helps as well!

• 3 weeks later...
Well i returned the xms pro and got two CMX512-3200C2PT's.They boot fine but im geting some corupted textures in unreal tournament 04 and doom 3 wont even run.I was wondering what the timeings where for these modules on an asus k8n-e deluxe? And how exactly to set memory timeings?also i have a radeon 9800 pro 128 and wondered if any body knows what to set the clock speed to on this bord.The bios has a strange seting that i have never seen before for seting an agp frequency.I have the volts set to 1.6 on the agp.I belive the reason the xms 512-ddr400 c2 pro wouldent work is because the dim volts only go to 2.7 in the bios and the requried volts for these modules is 2.75.Any help would be great thanx :):

• Corsair Employees
Well corrupted graphics textures would suggest maybe a driver or setting issue. I would make sure that you have the latest bios and then load setup defaults and set the timings manually to the tested settings for the modules you have, (Which you can find by following the link in my signature) like Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and the modules should be in slots 1-3 or slots 2-3 as well!

Archived