Corsair Community

New corsair gs600 fan hasn't move for 3 days

CrosairXD

It says that the psu fan will move when it heats up to 40C, i haven't seen it move only when i start the computer, the fan moves for 5 secs and stops.

My graphics card uses 400 watts, and when i touch the psu its warm even if the computer is on for 8hrs or running games.

Need help is this normal?

It says that the psu fan will move when it heats up to 40C, i haven't seen it move only when i start the computer, the fan moves for 5 secs and stops.

My graphics card uses 400 watts, and when i touch the psu its warm even if the computer is on for 8hrs or running games.

This is partially true. The psu 's fan uses a combination of temps and load to determine when the fan runs. So depending on the system, the fan may never run.

And your GPU only suggests a 400w PSu, not that it will actually use that. Those ratings are so you make sure you have a large enough PSu to supply the entire system , not just the GPU. Depending on the GPU , it will probably only use 250w or so and that would be at full load, which most modern GPU's are not subjected to unless being stressed tested.

I'm still using an ASUS HD5870 and I run all my games at max settings at 1920x1080 and I barely use over 400w , even with my CPU heavily overclocked.*shrugs*

Unless you are having stability issues, I wouldn't worry about it.

This is partially true. The psu 's fan uses a combination of temps and load to determine when the fan runs. So depending on the system, the fan may never run.

And your GPU only suggests a 400w PSu, not that it will actually use that. Those ratings are so you make sure you have a large enough PSu to supply the entire system , not just the GPU. Depending on the GPU , it will probably only use 250w or so and that would be at full load, which most modern GPU's are not subjected to unless being stressed tested.

I'm still using an ASUS HD5870 and I run all my games at max settings at 1920x1080 and I barely use over 400w , even with my CPU heavily overclocked.*shrugs*

Unless you are having stability issues, I wouldn't worry about it.

hmm i think your right my default PSu was a 300watts and default graphics card was a 512mb nvidia geforce 9500 gs. I only bought the gs600 for my new graphics card.

Yes, that is just what they recommend you to have so you have enough to cover the GPU and the rest of your system. Your GPU only uses about 100W by itself. You can look up the total consumption here.

http://www.geeks3d.com/20090618/graphics-cards-thermal-design-power-tdp-database/

Your specific card is not mentioned, but the standard 650 uses only 65w and the TI (overclcoked version) uses 110w at full load.

You have plenty of power and your PSU is functioning the way it should.:)

Yes, that is just what they recommend you to have so you have enough to cover the GPU and the rest of your system. Your GPU only uses about 100W by itself. You can look up the total consumption here.

http://www.geeks3d.com/20090618/graphics-cards-thermal-design-power-tdp-database/

Your specific card is not mentioned, but the standard 650 uses only 65w and the TI (overclcoked version) uses 110w at full load.

You have plenty of power and your PSU is functioning the way it should.:)

Oh i see

So is it ok that my PSU is warm? because the part of my case always feels warm and its cool on the bottom.

That is completely normal. All PSU's will be warm to the touch. It's just the nature of the beast.

If it was so hot that you couldn't touch it, then that would be another thing. But you have nothing to worry about. Enjoy your new PSU and graphics card.

ok thanks for your help this clear things up

Archived