Corsair Community

Vengeance 1500 compatibility and review

fabmoraes

Hi, I am new in this forum and I am interested in purchasing the Vengeance 1500. I read some threads about compatibility issues with Windows 8 and some other problems like reversing channels in the Surround mode, background noise with the mic, disconfort and some other issues.

I read a lot of reviews saying wonderful things about this Headset, but reading the amout of problems in this forum that users are experiencing made me in doubt about it.

So I would an overall opinion about this product.

If it is runing smoth in Windows 8 and if worth it.

Thanks

• Corsair Employees

There are some who do have a few negative experiences but for the most part, this headset has been very successful and the people who are satisfied with it do outweigh by a huge proportion over those who didn't.

I would always recommend to try something before you can buy it though so you can judge it for yourself.

Thanks for the repply. Certainly the feedback was very positive about this headset and trying it before buying is a great thing. Sadly where I live doesn't have a store with this headset to try ( I live in Brazil), so my only option is making a blind shot.

The headset is very good, would buy again. But it does get reversing channels :( its a easy fix like but when it happens you need to quit the game :(

New drivers next month so maybe get some good fixes.

Also using windows 8

Looking forward to it. Before this headset I was thinking in buying an analog model, but my onboard sound card is not very good and I don't wanna invest in it. I was afraid to lose sound quality so I started to think in an USB headset.

Is this reverse channel issue happens only in Windows 8 and does it happens too often?

I have had the Headset for over 3 months and had it happen twice. But if you select the Dolby Setup its completely like that all the time (this could be a Windows 8 issue)

I not used these on Windows 7 so cant really say whats a Windows 8 issue.

I have had the Headset for over 3 months and had it happen twice. But if you select the Dolby Setup its completely like that all the time (this could be a Windows 8 issue)

I not used these on Windows 7 so cant really say whats a Windows 8 issue.

Does in 7.1 happens all the time too?

If yes would be a real problem, basically the only way to avoid this issue would be using 2.0

Does in 7.1 happens all the time too?

If yes would be a real problem, basically the only way to avoid this issue would be using 2.0

They is 3 options 2.0 / Dolby = Happens all the time in 5.1 or 7.1 mode and last is 7.1 virtual I have had it happen twice in this mode.

To be honest this mode is probably the best sounding anyway.

But I haven't tested Dolby on Windows 7 so not sure what its like on that OS.

They is 3 options 2.0 / Dolby = Happens all the time in 5.1 or 7.1 mode and last is 7.1 virtual I have had it happen twice in this mode.

To be honest this mode is probably the best sounding anyway.

But I haven't tested Dolby on Windows 7 so not sure what its like on that OS.

Thanks for the feedback.

I would love to hear from the Corsair support if this issue is been addressed in a new driver for Windows 8 and if has a release date.

I am really worried about this problem. I am thinking in going to an analog headset to avoid this.

Thanks for the feedback.

I would love to hear from the Corsair support if this issue is been addressed in a new driver for Windows 8 and if has a release date.

I am really worried about this problem. I am thinking in going to an analog headset to avoid this.

I would also like to know. I heard the driver is next month, you could maybe wait and i'll give you honest feedback on they new driver.

Archived