Corsair Community

louis54000

Hello,

I bought a Corsair Link kit. LED are working fine, but I have a problem with fans : 4 pins fans (PWM) work great (Noctua NF-F12 and a random Cooler Master one) with Corsair Link 2, but 3 pin fans (CM sickleflow) are crazy. If a set 0 rpm, they will stop, then go at max RPM, then stop again, same with curves...

Does anyone have the same problem? Does the cooling node actually support 3 pin fans?

Thanks for your answers!

Ok, thanks. I'll go with 800rpm... Turning off a fan is a function to add in the software!

RPM Reading values are wired too.

EDIT : 800rpm - 1200rpm is nuts too... Doesn't work, and I need my fan to spin at 800~900 rpm, like the Noctua one, which is at 700rpm now...

Every fan has a min rpm it can spin at. I think 500 is the lowest I have seen. so you can either set it to the lowest rpm or off anything lower can burn your fan up.

I don't think speed is a problem : When I set 700rpm for example, the fan slows down to 700rpm for 5 seconds (I think, Corsair Link shows wired values like 2000; 6000; 500) and then it maxes the speed back, then 700rpm, then max again. It's being crazy : speeding up and slowing down by itself. Furthermore, it worked great on my motherboard. Only difference : LED don't dim with Corsair Link, they did with the motherboard.

PWM fans are okay, even at 500rpm (my NF-F12 is on a Hyper 212 in push at 700rpm idle, I made a curve, that work great)

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks for your help!

Find the lowest fan RPM the fan can run before LINK maxes the speed out again. I'd suggest you use the "Fixed (RPM)" mode to do this.

I tried, seems unstable under 1200rpm (still noisy, I have to unplug them when I'm not playing; I don't need these fans to spin and make noise at idle or media transcoding/streaming)

Corsair Link is getting false RPM values sometimes, that could explain why is can't control the fan correctly.

Archived