Corsair Community

AX1200i 24 pin

xentric

I just bought a whole new computer and yesterday after the build it was working fine. I installed windows and everything was working so I turned it all off to do cable management so I could close the back of the case. So when i went to turn it on it started up for 1 sec then shut off. I used the self test of the AX1200i and the light didn't turn on. With some trial and error when the only think that doesn't work is the 24 pin connector. So everything disconnected I only plug in the 24 pin connector, not connected to the motherboard it doesn't pass. The 24 pin connector has 2 plugs into the PSU and if a plug in only 1 (either plug) it passes. I hope someone can help me!

• Corsair Employees

Both of the plugs to the PSU must be connected if it is not posting like what you described I would check for a ground issue.

In addition, The self test will not work correctly if any cables are connected to the PSU.

thx for a response RAM GUY. When I unplugged everything then retired to rewire up it the next day, it worked. I have no problems anymore so I have no idea what was going on before. Maybe I didn't seat a wire right so my motherboard wasn't allowing a boot up.

Archived