Corsair Community

TX650 V2 Fan noise.

Pickleator

I had a TX650 V1 replaced by Corsair and got a V2 is return. It is the one that supports fanless operation.

It seems to be making a strange noise though. When the machine is first switched on, it's quiet. Then after being on for a little while, it starts making a weird chirping/vibrating/ticking noise. I think it's starts happening once the fan starts to spin at a low rpm. It sounds like it might not be balanced properly.

It comes and goes, if the system is completely idle, it's not there and then comes back once using you start using, so I assume it's the fan (that's what it sounds like). The sound isn't there when it tests the fan on start up, so I think it's only when spinning slowly.

Is it faulty? or is it suppose to do that? I have other fans that spin at a low rpm, and they are silent. It's a really annoying noise.

The power supply is mounted with the fan facing down (has to be that way in this case). I have not tried it yet, but there is room to try it on it's side or with the fan facing up, but can't be mounted that way. Is it worth trying to see if it stops are if it does, what can I do, as it has to be facing down.

Thats not uncommon for that PSu , but the noise should not be so loud that it can be heard over all the rest of your components or with the case closed.

If it is, then I would suggest calling CS by phone with your previous RMA number and let htem know about it. They will cover shipping both ways on second RMA's.

You might also try the trouble shooting steps outlined in the "noisy PSU sticky" as well.

I looked at the noisy psu thread and that seems to be for if they are making an electrical buzz/capacitor squeal. It's definitely not that or an electrical hum/buzz. I didn't see anything there for fan noise.

I can definitely hear it over the rest of the components with the side panel on. The other fans will cover the noise when the system is under load, but when idle the power supply can be heard over everything else.

I might be being blind, but I can't find the number. I'm in the UK and all I can find is the US number. Far too expensive to call, I assume the EU number would be in Netherlands, just like the RMA centre, again too expensive to call.

Do I have to call? or is using the contact form for customer service ok, as I know for some things, it seems you must call.

Also this is my first RMA with Corsair. Do I just say replacement is faulty, explain issue and say it's an RMA and give the number. As these things cost £20 to send back as they don't have a UK address, not even one that can take and then forward it on to rma centre.

Thanks.

Kinda like that, not quite, but similar. I can't find my microphone at the moment, so I'll give the contact form a try, while I'm looking for my mic, and if no luck, then call them. I don't need an advanced rma, I can use a different supply while I wait for a standard one.

How would we know if it's the same batch. Looking at the box mine was in, it's from lot 12447132.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd update this, as it's only fair to have the good and the bad.

Contacted support via the contact form/email. They arranged for pickup of the faulty TX650 and upgraded me to a HX750. 650 got picked up on Monday, HX750 came today :).

Bit annoying having to send the replacement back, but I can't fault the way Corsair's customer support looks after you :).

How would we know if it's the same batch. Looking at the box mine was in, it's from lot 12447132.

Not sure, just had my dad take a picture of the box (as its 800 miles away)

12197124 is the big number with big barcode

27/01/12 manf date I'm guessing.

Curious if they will handle mine the same way or not.

Archived