Corsair Community

URGENT: DDR voltage

melchior

Hi,

I have bought a corsair Value S. PC3200 DDR-DIMM 512MB

I believe the product number is VS512MB400

I also have a chaintech motherboard, specs here: http://www.pcwcomponentcentre.co.uk/invt/9vjl5lan

The motherboard supported voltage is 2.5v and I am not sure of the memory voltage. When I put it in the PC won't boot, and I think it may be due to memory.

Please help, if it is the wrong voltage I will have to return it very soon.

• Corsair Employee
Are you trying to mix our module with another that in the system? If so please try and reset the bios with just our module and see if the system will post! If it will just not post, I would test this module in another system or try other memory in this system to make sure its' not some other problem!

This is the only module I have installed. The motherboard and memory is brand new and has not been used/started before. I think its a voltage incompatablilty but i can't check cos i don't know the memory voltage. I'm pretty sure its not anything else.

• Corsair Employee
This module should not be a problem with this MB, I would try and test the memory on another system to be sure, but you can try and set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts and see if that helps! If you want to try replacing your module, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

I cant change any bios settings as the system wont POST or anything, just blank scrren.

I think the problem may actually be the power supply. New P4 and graphics plugged into an old PSU and I think its too low an output. I forgot to check about that :sigh!:

thanks for your help anyway

Archived