Corsair Community

problem with XMS 512MB 3200LL on asus a7n8x deluxe

koeli

I want to upgrade my current system (asus a7n8x deluxe rev.2, bios 1007uber, athlon xp2400, 2x256MB XMS3200LL) with one 512MB XMS3200LL stick. But with the new module, the system will not post (no "beep", no screen). (with the other two smaller modules the system works perfectly in dual channel mode).

It tested the new module together with the two other modules (channelA with the two 256MB modules, channelB with the 512MB module) and alone... no success. Is the 512MB module defective? Or maybe is it the old problem with the asus bios which cannot recognize the new ram module?

I will test the module in another pc tonight, will see what happens.

Maybe someone can help me,

Thanks

koeli

• 3 months later...

I'm here for the same reason: I have an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe board but with 2 CMX512-3200LLPT sticks. When I tried to boot up, POST wouldn't even get far enough for the BIOS to emit any beeps. (I even exchanged the board for another, thinking the board was defective; same problem, though.) On a compatibility hunch, I placed 2 sticks of slower, OCZ RAM (2x 512MB) onto the board, booted up just fine, powered off, put the Corsair sticks back in, and it's booted fine ever since. Go figure. However, any time I change any BIOS settings, I have to do The Memory Trick all over again. :(

Hope this helps.

Archived