Corsair Community

Any way to squeeze more this xms?

omg maybe i should've kept my rev 3.1's lol -_-

my 1.1's won't do a tRCD of 2.. and they top out around 215 @ 2.8v or something (forgot, tested a while ago)

would CPC off do better? could the motherboard be at it's limit? higher vdd/chipset voltage?

more vdimm;)

w./ vtt,vbt

although, you will hit the limit of the chipset soon.

try less chip vdd and then more chip vdd (vdd mod)

although it looks like you have a new board, and that NB went through die shrink, so the board will like less vdd at higher fsb most probly.

good luck and good going:)

omg maybe i should've kept my rev 3.1's lol -_-

my 1.1's won't do a tRCD of 2.. and they top out around 215 @ 2.8v or something (forgot, tested a while ago)

would CPC off do better? could the motherboard be at it's limit? higher vdd/chipset voltage?

yes... i'm starting to think that this memories really r0x...

With cpc off you'll be able to get a little more fsb... but you'll get a drop performance in sandra results (llittle) and drop performance in games and synthetic benchmarks like 3dmark 2001 ( -600 ~ 700 points at the same fsb). So the gain in fsb would have to be really big in order to get an increase in bandwidth that compensates the drop in performance due to the cpc off. (Am I correct???)

more vdimm;)

w./ vtt,vbt

although, you will hit the limit of the chipset soon.

try less chip vdd and then more chip vdd (vdd mod)

although it looks like you have a new board, and that NB went through die shrink, so the board will like less vdd at higher fsb most probly.

good luck and good going:)

We tested with 1.6 and 1.7 chipset v.... and it seems that 1.6 is better for higher fsb...

We have 2 boards... one is probably dated before february 2004 and the other after april 2004. With the same memory modules the older card can't post at 263 fsb and can't load windows at 260. The two boards get stable at 250. Haven't tried at the range between 250 and 260.

Any solution for both boards? I'm planning to sell the old and getting a new one. For the newer board would a vdimm mod be effective to get a higher fsb with the cmx 3.1? Are the cmx 3200c2pt 3.1 voltage limited?

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived