Corsair Community

Abit IS7 & CMX512-3200C2PT incompatible?

DeludedBuzz

So I just bought an Abit IS7 motherboard and 1gig of Corsair CMX512-3200C2PT memory. I've read about all the other people having problems with the IS7 and the Corsair memory. But just to confirm, is there any way to get the Corsair CMX512-3200C2PT to work with Abit IS7? I've tried pumping the voltage up to 2.7. Also trying playing with the latency numbers, from 2 3 3 4 to 3 5 5 8. And all give the same results (file not found while reading from cd errors, tried from different cd's and optical drives with same results.) I've also tried moving the memory from slots 1 & 3 to 2 & 4, but no go. memtest98 v3 indicates that there is indeed something wrong (I will try running each memory stick individually next morning.) So again anyone else out there get the Corsair memory to work with the Abit IS7 mobo?

• 7 months later...
  • Corsair Employees
Please test your moduels one at a time at the tested settings and make sure that you have the latest bios installed. Also please do not set any of the performance options in the bios! Just set the timings manually and leave the performance mode set to Auto or Disabeled!

Archived