ext clock 218

Abit IS7-G

TWINX1024-4000pro (2x512) paired dual channel

MSI FX5900 256 meg

Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS gammer

1 WD 60 gig HDD

1 WD 250 gig HDD

Enermax 550 watt

Ok so I've got her overclocked yay! Everything seems be be looking good no blue screens no freezes/lag spots etc...My problem is when I play one of my online Multiplayer games I seem to get artifacts from the vid card. The vid card isn't overclocked at all. I'm just curious do i need to bump up the voltage on the AGP to smooth it out? My ram is running at 2.7 v and I've seen where it should be at 2.75. My mother board doesnt have that option just 2.7-2.8 so i went with 2.7. Anyways is there a fix to this? I know it sounds like a graphics card question, but since i've bumped everything up thats when its effected it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Vivid

ps inclosed is a couple of pics. Im a noob at this so if something is wrong please let me know.

http://img85.exs.cx/img85/4871/lol041.jpg

http://img85.exs.cx/img85/1185/lol043.jpg

• Corsair Employee
I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.8 Volts and set the timings to Cass 3-4-4-8 and see if that makes a difference! If not you might try and lower the CPU Freq a few MHz, and you might try the AGP Voltage at 1.6 Volts as well! In addition please make sure you have the AGP/PCI Freq Set to 66/33!

Dim set to 2.8

Lowerd cpu feq to 216

AGP voltage is now on 1.6

I didn't change the timings. It booted up like that at default SPD. 3-3-3-8. Why would it do that when the memory supposed to be 3-4-4-8?? Also for the AGP/PCI Feq it has an x by it and says 66/33 but where I made the changes to the cpu freq or the ext clock it says 216/72/36. 72 mhz for agp and 36 for pci. Why would it still show below an x by AGP/PCI FEQ and say 66/33? Is that supposed to like a locked speed or something? I'll try the game later after work to see if the artifacts are gone after making the changes you suggested!

Thanks,

Vivid

• Corsair Employee
Vivid, I am sorry I really don’t think the problem is with the memory. I would try and test them in another MB to be sure! However, if you just want to try and get them replaced, please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived