Corsair Community

Link not controlling fan speed

Trope

Hello - I just purchased a Link kit & ultimately now have one Commander (Just updated to firmware 2.0.6) a lighting node, GPU node, and a cooling node.

I also have one of the new generation H60's and two corsair fans

Firstly I wasn't sure how to connect my H60 to the Link

Do you just connect the H60's 3-pin header to the cooling node as normal?

Strangely when I had Link v1 downloaded my H60 showed up in the panel along with it's liquid temp and pump speed. Now in v2 it thinks the H60 is just a regular fan...

Another issue i'm having is not being able to control my fan speed.

I have the two corsair fans also hooked up to the cooling node, and it sees the fans in Link but when I adjust their RPM nothing happens

Finally the GPU node is acting funky, I dont think Link v2 realizes that it is wattage, because as of right now there are two temperature readings that just read 0

I have the GPU node connected into a sensor port on the Cooling node, so im not sure why it's seeing the GPU node as a temp sensor instead of actually monitoring the voltage

Right now the only thing working correctly are my LED's haha!

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks

Connect the H60's pump cable to the CPU_FAN header. You can connect the fans to the Cooling Node.

Is the Cooling Node firmware on 1.2.5? If not, you can update it as it improves fan compatibility.

As for the GPU node, Check if the device type is set on Power instead of Temp.

Another issue i'm having is not being able to control my fan speed.

I have the two corsair fans also hooked up to the cooling node, and it sees the fans in Link but when I adjust their RPM nothing happens

I had this issue before I updated the firmware of the cooling node to 1.2.5.

Connect the H60's pump cable to the CPU_FAN header. You can connect the fans to the Cooling Node.

Is the Cooling Node firmware on 1.2.5? If not, you can update it as it improves fan compatibility.

As for the GPU node, Check if the device type is set on Power instead of Temp.

Okay so should I just not connect my H60 to the Link at all?

Also how do I update my Cooling Node firmware..

I updated the commander to 2.0.6 and the lighting node to 1.1.9 but the Cooling node is still at 1.1.12..

I;m using the Link V2 software btw, after I upgraded the firmware the V1 software no longer works :(

And when I select "update firmware" under options, it brings up the update box but under device the only device listed to update is the Commander and H80/H100 (I have an H60 so the latter is non applicable)

Soo do I need to revert back to the V1 software to properly update my cooling node or something?

Archived