Corsair Community

Memory Installation Problems

Toman-Sager

I currently have an ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 Mobo with 4 GB (1 x 4GB) Patriot PC3-8500F 1600EL Series RAM. I am trying to upgrade to 8 GB (2 x 4GB) Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1600C9. When I install the new RAM and try to start my system, I cannot even get the BIOS to load. If needed I can include current screen shots of CPU-Z for review. I don't understand what the problem is or even where to begin. I desperately need help.:evil:

I dont think this is going to help much, but it's worth a shot anyway...Make sure you have the latest BIOS for your MB if you never have updated it. It may improve memory compatibility.

And did you clear your BIOS before inserting the new memory?

If neither of those help then I really believe the problem is actually in the construction of the modules them selves.

Quote from RamGuy:

if you have an older chipset any current 4.0 Gig modules may not be compatible as I stated previously all current DDR3 production 4.0 Gig modules are single rank using 512M X 8 IC's and Nvidia chipsets will not support this density and any Intel Chipset older then P67 will also not support them.

While you have neither the Nvidia chipset or an older Intel chipset, this would also apply to your older AMD chipset as well.

You would need to find modules that are constructed from 256x8 IC's

So this set would actually be incompatible with your MB and why they are not POSTing

Archived