Corsair Community

Question about the HX650 +Gold Modular

Odinn

Hi! I have ordered the Corsair HX650 +Gold Modular from a website in Norway but i did it before reading any reviews and now i see that there is a lot of issues

concerning chirping noises and other random noises. My question is do i have to worry about mine being faulty? and if so how long will an RMA take?

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I have now had the PSU for some days and i can say that it is making chirping noises so my 2 questions is:

1: Is the replacement guaranteed to be without noises or is it a shot in the dark because if it is then i'm better of getting another brand instead of RMA'ing one and getting one back that also makes noises.

2: How do i proceed if the first question can be answered: Yes the replacement is guaranteed to be working without making noises.

Not been on the forum for a while.

I had two HX650's with this problem some months ago.

Don't want to cause a big 'issue', I just can't believe that this is still going on!

I understood the problem had been fixed but surely all faulty stock has now been purged from the market?

Not been on the forum for a while.

I had two HX650's with this problem some months ago.

Don't want to cause a big 'issue', I just can't believe that this is still going on!

I understood the problem had been fixed but surely all faulty stock has now been purged from the market?

Not so sure, since some new buyers keep posting about the issue...

• 2 weeks later...
Update: I have now had the PSU for some days and i can say that it is making chirping noises so my 2 questions is:

1: Is the replacement guaranteed to be without noises or is it a shot in the dark because if it is then i'm better of getting another brand instead of RMA'ing one and getting one back that also makes noises.

2: How do i proceed if the first question can be answered: Yes the replacement is guaranteed to be working without making noises.

Sorry for Bump

Archived