Corsair Community

H100I Corsair link software crashing

LeGateau

Hello,

I recently bought a H100i at my favourite Canadian retailer, came home, and installed it. Immediately, the fans started ticking/grinding but my retailer told me of this problem beforehand and recommended me to update the firmware. After doing so, this problem went away, but Corsair Link 2.2.0 is crashing non-stop. Most of the time it won't even start up, saying Sierra2 has stopped working. Sometimes, I leave it for an hour and it will work, but now, I have to restart my computer for the software to load. And when saving profiles, it will also crash. I tried installing .NET 4.5, re installing .NET 4.0 but it didn't help. Now my fan profiles are stuck to maximum, and the included fans are loud at 12V.

Also, the fans have a high pitch noise, and my HDD constantly make a ticking sound every few seconds.

Hey Toasted

I haven't tried an older version because I needed to update the firmware so the grinding fans stop, but there is no unknown devices in device manager and the led is on on the pump. I will try to install a older version of Corsair Link and see what happens.

EDIT: Although the older software doesn't crash as much, it still does every so often, especially after saving a profile, or starting the program up.

yes, I have tried running the program as administrator. And here are the logs from event viewer:

Faulting application name: Sierra2.exe, version: 2.1.1.0, time stamp: 0x506b5cc1
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0edc10dd
Faulting process id: 0x14c0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cdebfba9be665a
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CorsairLink 2\Sierra2.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: f4fe8ed2-57ee-11e2-a910-5404a60af3a1

and

Application: Sierra2.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
Stack:
  at Telerik.Windows.Controls.RadPaneAutomationPeer.GetChildrenCore()
  at System.Windows.Automation.Peers.AutomationPeer.EnsureChildren()
  at System.Windows.Automation.Peers.AutomationPeer.UpdateChildrenInternal(Int32)
  at System.Windows.Automation.Peers.AutomationPeer.UpdateChildren()
  at System.Windows.Automation.Peers.AutomationPeer.UpdateSubtree()
  at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.fireAutomationEvents()
  at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayout()
  at System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayoutCallback(System.Object)
  at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext+InvokeOnRenderCallback.DoWork()
  at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
  at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(System.Object)
  at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.AnimatedRenderMessageHandler(System.Object)
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
  at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
  at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
  at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
  at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
  at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
  at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
  at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
  at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
  at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
  at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
  at Sierra2.App.Main()

Uninstall the dashboard and delete any remaining files/folders.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\

Delete any folder named CorsairLink or Corsair Link 2

and

C:\Users\-Username-\AppData\Roaming

Delete the Corsair folder.

Then run the dashboard installer as admin by right clicking it then launch the dashboard.

If it still crashes, disconnect the H100i and try again.

Hey I uninstalled the corsair program, and deleted the corsair folder from %appdata%. Restarted the computer, and installed the dashboard with admin rights. Unplugged and plugged the H100i back in. It is still crashes. I disable the corsair service, since the ticking with the HDD was too annoying.

Here are the results:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]

Copyright © 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\Windows\system32>

• 1 month later...

Exactly the same story here. No matter what.... corsair link crashes (Sierra 2 Service is clearly the problem). I was really looking forward to using the software - coming from a h80.

Please fix this Corsair!

Specs:

ASUS Maximus v Gene

i2500k

Palit GTX560ti 558 core

32 GB G Skill F3-1866C10-8GXL

OCZ ZX Series 850W 80+ GOLD PSU Fully Modular PSU

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate - SSD (encrypted)

and of course.... a brand new H100i

I think it is funny that the advise always starts with: install this, check this, flash this, uninstall and run with admin rights, disconnect this, ask the pope to bless, rinse with holy water etc........but we all know that the software is buggy as hell, and under windows 8 deffo is crap. They should just release an update.

I think it is funny that the advise always starts with: install this, check this, flash this, uninstall and run with admin rights, disconnect this, ask the pope to bless, rinse with holy water etc........but we all know that the software is buggy as hell, and under windows 8 deffo is crap. They should just release an update.

most advice usually will start with these phrases but there are users that have working systems

they arent with holding a update on purpose to be mean and such but simply till they get all the kinks worked out.

their making progress and i know it usually cant come too soon for most.

• 10 months later...
most advice usually will start with these phrases but there are users that have working systems

they arent with holding a update on purpose to be mean and such but simply till they get all the kinks worked out.

their making progress and i know it usually cant come too soon for most.

As a first post, and a sycophantic one at that, I couldn't agree more.

The only trouble is, that a good proportion of visitors to this kind of forum come here when at their wits end. Much as I do now.

I've just splashed out on an ATX1200i to clear up what I thought were PSU problems (thanks to the rubbish ASUS AI Suite of software, which I removed totally from my system, with extreme prejudice) only to find that the Corsair Link software is pretty much riddled with bugs too.

I am running, when it does run I mean, version 2.5.5146. All firmware updated, latest BIOS, etc.

My cooler is an H80i, and thankfully seems to function well enough to stop the processor frying whether CLink is running or not. What concerns me is that I read somewhere (maybe incorrectly) that the ATX1200i (and other "i" series PSU's) REQUIRE Clink in order to run in Smart Mode. If Clink is not functioning correctly, they run hot. Is that true?

I just realised. This looks a bit like a Thread-Hijack. I don't mean it to be. It is more of a "Me Too," and how can I get involved in tracking the issues and helping out generally?

PS.

Most of my problems with Clink are .NET "Unhandled Exceptions" and VB errors.

PPS.

OMG - I just replied to a Necro-Post. Still, I have issues that might be relevant to this thread. Might... ;)

What concerns me is that I read somewhere (maybe incorrectly) that the ATX1200i (and other "i" series PSU's) REQUIRE Clink in order to run in Smart Mode. If Clink is not functioning correctly, they run hot. Is that true?

I just realised. This looks a bit like a Thread-Hijack. I don't mean it to be. It is more of a "Me Too," and how can I get involved in tracking the issues and helping out generally?

the PSU'S function perfectly by set parameters ,the software is basically to fine tune or to set to personal tastes.

and no worry bout hi-jacking

unless you get caught...:D:

Archived