Corsair Community

MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum with 1GB 1024RE-3200LLPT RT

Kevin717

I have just put together my new system with a MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum socket 939 motherboard with an AMD FX-53 processor. I have 1GB Twinx1024RE-3200LLPT RT installed on the Motherboard. The package for this memory says for AMD Athlon 64 FX. When I try to boot I get a post code that the memory detection test failed. Is this because the memory is ECC registered or did I just manage to have the luck to get two bad sticks out of the box? I'e serched through the forums and all I've found is that either the bios might need to be updated or the bios needs to be saved. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

• 2 months later...

It seems that I am in the same boat. The literature that I read so carefully suggested that TWINX2048RE-3200 (4G worth) would work with the NEO2 Platinum with AMD Athalon 65 FX-55. Currently the board will only beep intermittently. Even the post code leds don't display anything.

These chips will only work with the 940 board? Ah, well. I had been hoping for ECC to help ward off potential memory problems. Wish that I had found this website before.

For best performance (not overclocked?) and maximum ram size what do you suggest? My applications include Photoshop, Adobe Audition multitrack recording, Multiple open processes. Not much into games. But very large Photoshop files (900Mb) are common.

-William

Well, I just went and ordered two pair of TWINX2048-3200PRO for a total of 4G. That should work.

My vendor has agreed to take back the original parts with no restocking fee. I am thank ful, It is usually 10%. So all I am out are time and some shipping.

:biggrin:

• 1 month later...

Just getting back to replying. Sorry for the delay if anyone was watching...

Been running memtest 86 v3.2 on my NEO2. With the builtin 'seargent' (3%) timing increast everyting seems to be working just fine.

The only issue I can see is that one of the leds on the ram stays dark on one of the four sticks. I don't think that I will stay concerned. :sunglasse

Thanks Ram guy.

Archived