Corsair Community

Vengeance 1500 randomly stop working

Machalfven

Hi all!

First, as a non-native english speaker, excuse my bad writing.

I bought a vengeance 1500 headset 2 years ago. It is perfectly working on windows 7 64 bits, clear sound, nothing wrong but these two feature:

1) The headset randomly stops while in applications. It can be a game, or just while watching a movie with VLC. Depending on the software I am using, either I have to quit it and launch it again to have sound again, or the sound comes back when the headset resumes (teamspeak3 for instance, but it seems that it is the only software doing so).

2) I randomly hear a crack sound and the headset microphone suddenly record at a lower sound, and I have a loopback (I can hear what the microphone records). The only solutions is to unplug the headset and plug it back, then relaunching softwares because the sound naturally stopped.

Both problems are really random, and I cannot say if they are correlated.

I tried to use back and front, 2.0 and 3.0 USB port, without success.

I am using the last drivers, I tried reinstalling it, but it did not fix the problems.

I tried both 5.1 and 7.1 mode, without success. I still have to try bypass mode, but I do not believe in it.

I tried shutting down all applications but one to test, the problem still occurs, so it is not related to a faulty program.

I tried the headset on another computer, but it is working fine as far as I can say.

A jack headset is working once the sound has stopped with the USB headset.

I searched a lot on the internet, and it does not seems that it is a problem with Corsair only, but with USB headsets in general.

Does someone have an idea how to fix it?

Regards.

I am using the latest BIOS.

I also have my keyboard and mouse on USB. I never noticed anything wrong with it. I never saw them shutting down.

I saw somewhere that the problem could be due to the power consumption management for the USB hub controlers. I tried to deactivate the fact that USB can be shut down to save energy, but it didn't help.

What do you mean by a different system? Computer, operating system? I tried the headset on another computer, also windows 7, probably 32 bits though, and it seems to work correctly for the little time I could try it. But the problem may not occur during several hours, so it is hard to say that it was perfectly fine.

However, I do not suspect the headset to be faulty since everything else is fine, but more a problem with my OS, maybe. This problem also seems to occurs with non-Corsair headset, so maybe it happened to someone else who could solve it.

Anyhow, I am surely out of waranty now.

• Corsair Employees
What do you mean by a different system? Computer, operating system? I tried the headset on another computer, also windows 7, probably 32 bits though, and it seems to work correctly for the little time I could try it. But the problem may not occur during several hours, so it is hard to say that it was perfectly fine.

However, I do not suspect the headset to be faulty since everything else is fine, but more a problem with my OS, maybe. This problem also seems to occurs with non-Corsair headset, so maybe it happened to someone else who could solve it.

Anyhow, I am surely out of waranty now.

Are you sure? I don't think the Vengeance 1500 has been out that long.

I had a headset quite similar, I might be confused then... But again, I would not suspect the headset to be faulty, but more a driver/OS issue or something like that.

I will however try the headset on a second computer for a longer time. It is a linux system, so I will see.

Archived