Corsair Community

H100i USB Issue

mphili7823

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say other people are having this issue but here is the problem I am having.

The only way I can get the CorsairLINK software to recognize the H100i pump or fans is to unplug the USB cable from the pump, then plug it back it with the OS running. Once I do that the software recognizes everything, then I can control the fan speed, LED color etc etc.

I will say that I did NOT experience this issue when I was briefly running Windows 8, but I opted to regress back to Windows 7, because of some other driver compatibility issues.

I have done some searching on the forums and it seems others are mentioning issues with the windows HID device dropping, and corsair looking into the issue but some official word from Corsair would be nice...

My specs are below

Motherboard = Asus Sabertooth Z77

CPU = i7-3770K

H100i FW = 1.0.4

CorsairLINK 2.2

So after some experimenting I came up with a work around to my issue. I basically used a micro usb to usb cable taken from a cell phone and plugged that into the H100i, then plugged it directly into one of the USB ports on the back of my motherboard....VIOLA...it now works without me having to unplug/replug the included USB cable that corsair provided.....

Personally I think there is something wrong with how the H100i is communicating using the included USB cable that plugs into the USB headers on the motherboard. Also there is NOTHING physically wrong with the cable corsair provided as it worked fine in Windows 8. It wasn't until I switched back to Windows 7 that I started experiencing this issue.

It would be nice for someone who works with corsair to be try to explain why using a different USB cable plugged into the back of my motherboard fixed this issue???

Sweet I just tried with another use cable from the pump to a usb port on my motherboard IO and it works, Corsair link 2.1.1 has detected the H100i BUT I am still unable to update the firmware... Once Sierra Bootloader opens I can't select anything other than Corsair Commander... I've tried selecting the s19 file for the H100i and then see if I could change the device but no dice :(

Alrighty I uninstalled Corsair Link and reinstalled version 2.1.7.... I was able to update the firmware but it took 2 seconds and now the fans are at 100%, motherboard doesn't detect any cpu fan I had to enter the BIOS and tell it to ignore the cpu fan... Now im keeping a close eye on my cpu temps since I don't know if the pump is working or not... The LED is not working either...

Been working on these issues (no I don't work for corsair).

Turns out some USB devices (such as keyboards/mice, gamepads and USB hubs) can prevent windows from installing the drivers correctly.

Worth some investigation on your parts.

people need to understand external usb and m/b usb are ultimately married to each other and conflicts are going to occur,ive had lots of usb conflicts that are solved by switching them around.ive even had flash drives hang the system and prevent a boot up. i think its m/b problems and buggy bios

people need to understand external usb and m/b usb are ultimately married to each other and conflicts are going to occur,ive had lots of usb conflicts that are solved by switching them around.ive even had flash drives hang the system and prevent a boot up. i think its m/b problems and buggy bios

You are right of course, but to try as many different ports as possible makes sense. I'm working with another member at the moment to resolve his issues and information has come to me that makes total sense. Some USB devices (esp. HID) can prevent windows from installing the correct drivers for the Hydros. I've written a guide (sort of) here:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=113981

One final thing I had to do before it started working was to:

1. Uninstall Corsair Link and Corsair Link Driver from Add-Remove

2. Make sure Corsair folder was deleted *c:\Program Files x86\Corsair

3. Delete corsair profiles from c:\users\user\app data\roaming\corsair

4. Shutdown

5. Swap USB cables

5. Power Up

6. Install Corsair Link 2.2

7. Flash Firmware to latest

Once I flashed the firmware, EVERYTHING started worked as it should.....

Everyone remember to uninstall everything corsair and to nuke all profiles and it should work...Also I had to try a couple of different mini USB cables before I found one that worked....This was despite all of them being mini USB cables...so I am not sure if there is a pin difference in the cabling...If everyone likes I can take a pic and post it of the exact cable that ended up working for me....

The Hydro Series i coolers use the default Microsoft HID drivers.

If you want to uninstall the Corsair dashboard. Uninstall it via Programs and Features, then delete any remaining files. from the install directory and C:\Users\-UserName-\AppData\Roaming - delete the Corsair folder.

Alrighty so i've recieved my replacement. Installed it, na major hicups other than a screw hole that's a little bit too big(had to use a toothpick for grip). Once in windows I've uninstalled everything related to corsair, reoobter, reinstalled and now the driver will not install... i've tried re-removing it. Windows clean install still no progress but atleast its a lot less noisy than the one with a faulty firmware.

I am a new H100i owner and I seem to have a very similar problem. I had no trouble installing the device and it seems to be working: fluid is flowing, fans are spinning, my temperatures are under control.

At first, the CorsairLink 2 software had at least some notion that the device existed; I was able to set the color to a nice pulsing red. However, I never did see the fan control before the cooler seemed to slip from the software's mind entirely.

If I unplug and replug the mini-usb cable while the PC is running, the software will admit that something is there under the Hydro Series, but it still doesn't specifically sense the H100i. I'm pretty sure it never did, even originally.

I have un- and re-installed the software and drivers several times, to no avail (all Corsair directories were banished as well.) In the meantime the thing seems ok, albeit my fans are running fairly fast.

It sounds like getting the firmware to update is the key to the system working going forward. Looking at this thread, I guess I might have to look into finding a new cable that can help make that happen.

I am more than open to other suggestions that may aid, of course.

JML

Have you tried manually selecting HID Device in Device management?

Right Click the device > Update Driver Software > Browse > Let me pick... > See if you can select HID Compliant Device.

If not, Manually browse to here and see if it can install the driver

C:\Windows\Inf\input.inf

Archived