Corsair Community

Coirsair please, New H80i Help/Question with Instal in a HAF 932

apacheizm23

Hello, I am going to install my H80i using both fans and will mount it in the back of my HAF 932 case, where it will replace my current liquid CPU cooler/Rad.

What is the best fan configuration I should use? Push Pull? What? So many different methods, post's on which way to instal the fans that I am confused..

Id like to hear Corsairs recommendation. My Case has a 230MM Fan on top etc. Its a 932 HAF and I left all the fans as was when I purchased it.

Thanks in advance.

Exhaust in push/pull out of back of case. If u make it intake it will pull in all the heat coming from your 470s.

I would have to disagree. Assuming the inside of the case is warm because of the 470s, all the more reason to have the fans configured as push/pull into the case. Then the cool outside air will more effectively help the radiator do its job and keep the cpu cool. The thing to remember is that the H80i is a CPU COOLER not a CASE COOLER. If you are worried about the interior of the case getting warm mount good exhaust fans on the top or sides of the case. Problem solved. ;):

I would have to disagree. Assuming the inside of the case is warm because of the 470s, all the more reason to have the fans configured as push/pull into the case. Then the cool outside air will more effectively help the radiator do its job and keep the cpu cool. The thing to remember is that the H80i is a CPU COOLER not a CASE COOLER. If you are worried about the interior of the case getting warm mount good exhaust fans on the top or sides of the case. Problem solved. ;):

Heat rises. With the assumption he has reference 470s they pull the heat out through the back of the case. Which will rise and be sucked right into the rad. Even if you get equal results in CPU temps I bet every other component will be cooler in exhaust orientation.

Heat rises. With the assumption he has reference 470s they pull the heat out through the back of the case. Which will rise and be sucked right into the rad. Even if you get equal results in CPU temps I bet every other component will be cooler in exhaust orientation.

I want to thank you guys for all the info I appreciate it. Thanks RamGuy. ;): I want to say that Hooded has a good point, and I did what he said and switched the fans around in my unit that I have installed. I even switched out one of the fans and installed a new one.

I must say that my temps dropped 7C! And stays under 50C during heavy game play and this is a budget closed loop cooler. I am not a big over OCer but I know a little something :roll: I just have it at 3.4/3.7 and I at times have gone up too 4.0 but I needed better cooling to really mess with my RE3.

And Guess what guys! MY H80i has just arrived 20min ago, The door man had it there since this morning and didn't call me errrrrr lol

I just didn't want to try out different configs etc Not that I am lazy cause I am not but oh well I will try the fans in a couple different ways but now I know that Hooded's method worked so I can use that.

Thanks again guys I really appreciate it! :D:

All or Id say with confidence most of the hot/warm air from my 470's is being pulled out the back. There is very little warm air from those cards being exhausted into the case. I use EVGA Precision and have it take care of the fans based on temp. I am in no way trying to cool my HAF 932 with the fans that are hooked up to the RAD. That makes no sense. My Case is like a fridge. the inside of my case is nice and cool. I have one of those Memory fan hooked up to my Dom GT 2000mhz also which I like.

I am thinking of adding a couple more fans tho and maybe going with a different set up for the top of my HAF case. Tho I think those 230mm work very well. specially if you keep the case free of dust as I do.

I'm missing 4 washers. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!! LOL No worries will pick them up at hardware store. I'm going to hold off installing it till I get the other 4 washers I need. Anyway I gotta go out so.. Be back l8r.

Duh! You know I am excited lol. I have 4 washers that are on the Radiator fans that I have installed. Oh well I can use those tho they're not black hahaha

Hello everyone I want to give you guys an Update. I am SO HAPPY with my New H80i. I installed it with no problem at all, and it booted up like a charm.

I took my time, laid everything all out, uninstalled my old Cooler/Radiator/Fans. I than slowly mapped out how I was going to install, and made sure my wires and such were routed correctly and as neat as I can. Once I was done I booted up, and it booted up nicely.

I first made sure it was working correctly before I installed CORSAIR LINK SOFTWARE. I than proceeded to install the software and Jajajaja :=) it worked perfectly. My H80i I guess already had the latest firmware installed 2.2.0/1.0.4 The Corsair LED works fine, all the colors work.

Okay, my temps are down to 33c idle with a OC of 3.4 at this moment, with my fans set at balanced. The only thing I noticed is that Corsair Link states that one of my Drives is 115.0 *C. LOL its false I tell ya. So I am trying to figure it out now. But Anyway I am happy, remember this cooler cost 99.00 so.. If you're expecting liquid nitrogen with bright Leds and quiet high performance fans for 99.00 than you expect too much for this price.

Only thing now is trying to get these wires neat.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f262/apacheizm23/IMAG04081_zpsc7106bba.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f262/apacheizm23/IMAG0409_zps8ede4e1d.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f262/apacheizm23/IMAG0404_zps374eb62f.jpg

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f262/apacheizm23/IMAG0406_zps4b7955a8.jpg

No definite answer, try both orientation and find out what orientation gives you the best result.

That is true. Originally I had my Corsair H80 installed in exhaust setup. It worked very well that way. Now I have the replacement H80i in intake setup, and my temps are down about another 10 degrees C.

However, I think a lot also depends on how well mated the pump is to the CPU.

BTW apacheizm23, nice setup and congrats on the successful install!

Thanks Billy. And you are absolutely correct. It matters very much in how good one gets their pump mated to the CPU. Mine came together like Linguini with marinara sauce. Or like a Hamburger between 2 buns. :D: I am just hungry right now. :p:

In a couple of days I may take the fans out and just turn them around and do a intake set up and see what temps I get than.

Archived