Corsair Community

H100 - Noise from the pump even with a diode?

Nitrius

So i bought the H100 a while back, and of course it had the pump "noise" problem, so i gave the diode trick a go, which worked fine. But now, it's making the noise even with the diode, so i started to wonder if the pump is maybe slowly dieing on me here? As it looks like the temperature on the CPU has gone up a bit, but not 100% sure on that part, as it might just be dust that's increasing the temperature.

Anyone experienced something similar? I guess i just have to RMA it now? Did start a RMA when i first noticed this, but canceled it as i didn't want to stay without a cooler. Also, this new H100i, have it fixed most of the problems that people experienced with the H100?

Edit: Maybe it's just the diode? Stopped working or something like that?

I did almost RMA it back when i first bought the cooler, but i didn't want to stay without a cooler while it got carried away back and forth between Corsair and me. So i decided on trying out the diode trick, where i made a molex cable i put between the cooler molex and the PSU molex.

So i might try to change out the diode to see if that makes any difference again.

did almost RMA it back when i first bought the cooler, but i didn't want to stay without a cooler while it got carried away back and forth between Corsair and me. So i decided on trying out the diode trick, where i made a molex cable i put between the cooler molex and the PSU molex.

Submit an RMA request and once you get your RMA number you can CS by phone and ask for an advanced replacement. They will send you a new unit before you have to send in the old.

But it will take a phone call because that is the only way that can be arranged .

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=107252

Archived