Corsair Community

H100i Question

Iceycold

So it won't auto-adjust if the processor is working hard without the installation of the corsair link program?

the pump is a set speed and not able to be regulated and while im not fully familiar i would think the software is needed to adjust fan speed

there was another user that posted that once the profile is set up,the software and cable arent needed but you only have that one profile

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is it possible to setup fans and then after setting up fan speed unplug the usb cable and still keep the settings or no?

Your cooler will keep it's settings til the PC powers down fully. So you'll keep your profile through reboot, but not a cold boot.

Does the unit automatically change speeds when it needs to without the software & usb cable installed? Or will it run at a stock constant speed without usb cable and software.

And seeing with all the problems the software & firmware are giving I won't update them.

I read a review on newegg about someone who routed the USB cable behind his mobo tray, but how is that even possible? The cable is realllly short.

I routed mine over the top of the mobo and behind to the bottom. If you have a full tower this might not be possible.

• Corsair Employees
oes the unit automatically change speeds when it needs to without the software & usb cable installed? Or will it run at a stock constant speed without usb cable and software.

The cooler will just run at default settings when the CL SW is not installed. Default will fall under Balance profile, http://www.corsair.com/us/blog/understanding-the-hydro-series-h80-and-h100-cooling-performance-profiles. The fan's rpm will still change rpm based on the coolant's temp.

Archived