Jump to content
Corsair Community

Corsair Force 3 SSD 60GB appears to be failing/have issues


Recommended Posts



I have a Corsair Force 3 SSD 60GB FW V1.3.3 set as a cache drive, system specs as follows:


Intel Core i7-2700k @ 3.5/3.8 Ghz

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

WDC 750GB boot drive

Corsair CX500 P/S

Kingston Hyper-X 16GB Ram (4 x 4 sticks)


Recently this system started locking up randomly, it appeared to be upon network/internet access but no virus/spyware/malware was present.


Power supply checked out, as did the ram test, but upon testing the WD system drive with DLDIAG for Windows, the serial # was a series of unintelligible characters and the SMART status showed as unknown. The quick test failed about halfway with an error: Too many bad sectors detected; the extended test failed immediately. In the test result screen, the model number, serial number and firmware number were all unintelligible characters.


I then removed and tested this WD hard drive in another system, where it checked out fine repeatedly and ran an extended test with no issues at all; as well the model #, serial #, firmware # showed up properly in DLDIAG on the test system as did the SMART status.


Ok, so possible motherboard issue? Installed the WD back into the computer; checked event logs and found an initial error as follows:


Log Name: Application

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Defrag

Date: 21/12/2012 12:00:29 PM

Event ID: 257


The volume (C:) was not defragmented because an error was encountered: The disk was disconnected from the system. (0x89000011)


Followed by pages of errors as follows:


Log Name: System

Source: Disk

Date: 22/12/2012 1:13:00 AM

Event ID: 51


An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 during a paging operation.


Then I disabled the SSD cache in the Intel Rapid Storage Technology app; as soon as I did this the DLGDIAG reported the proper serial #, SMART status, and runs all diagnostic tests on the WD drive with no issues at all. As soon as I enable the cache again, right back to the same issues as described. I've replaced the cable to the SSD drive, tried a different port, all with exactly the same results. CrystalDiskInfo reports both drives as 100% good.


So it appears to me that the SSD drive is failing and causing the page file errors as well as the random lockups, so would like some feedback as to where to go from here.



Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...