Corsair Community

Brand new Corsair H100i won't power/start

Iceycold

Hey all, just finished installing my H100i and it refuses to power. My case is open right now and just have the power plugged in to test if the H100i was working, I powered the PC and the cooler does not turn on.

I have everything plugged in, the 3 pin is plugged in to a 3 pin slot in my mobo, Not a cpu 3 pin slot. The sata is powered to a power supply sata cable, and the usb is also connected.

Any help?

SPecs:

asus p8z77-v mobo

i5-3570k

g.skill ripjaws 1600mhz ram

evga gtx 670 ftw 2gb

nzxt phantom case

RMA takes forever, what can I try?

Not a cpu 3 pin slot. The sata is powered to a power supply sata cable, and the usb is also connected.

Use the 3 pin CPU header,that will get rid of the CPU fan error. And try another SATA connector for power. Then go into your BIOS and see what the CPU fan header is reading for RPM's. If it is way below 2200 or 0 then replace the unit.

Normal RMA's take between 7-10 business days give or take and you can safely add a week to that for out of the USA RMA's. You can always ask for an advanced replacement so they send you a new unit before you need to send in the old to keep your down time to a minimum.

If this is a new unit i would suggest returning it to your place of purchase for a replacement . If they can not or will not help you then request an RMA directly from corsair. Since it is a new unit (less than 30 days) they will more than likely pick up the shipping costs too.

So you recommend just returning it to Newegg using their RMA service? This is a new unit, (just received yesterday).

And yes, I was using the 3 pin fan header, it simply is not picked up at all. It's dead :/.

But I know this is a good cooler, I just can't wait to get it working.

Archived