Corsair Community

Any good H100i's out there !

remotehugger

Hey all - just wondering, before i install my H100i, is anyone having any luck with these ? Its just problem after problem it seems - But on to a more pertinent question - when i get mine installed, with the usb plugged in, when i first power on my rig will it prompt me to install the Link software automatically ? and if so what version will it be ? or am i gonna have to dwnld it myself and then install ? Thanks for any help -

Hello,

My Corsair H100i is running perfectly.

It is a new device and it came pre-flashed to the newest firmware version so it could be detected directly via Corsair Link.

The Link software you have to download, only thing the Link Software does is to control your settings from the Corsair H100i. Fanspeed settings and stuff.

I did a fresh install with Windows 8 when I first hooked up my Corsair H100i so it didn't have the Corsair Link installed and the H100i works without issues. After installing the computer I needed to download Corsair Link and install that.

After that the Corsair Link found my H100i (firmware 1.04) and I could customize the settings like fanspeed profiles and stuff directly. It got recognized without issues.

But prior to hooking up the Corsair H100i to my computer I hooked it up to an old computer of me to see if all things were working and to see which firmware version I had on my corsair H100i.

When I saw I had newest firmware version installed I hooked up the Corsair H100i to my new computer.

Hopefully this gives you enough information.

The vast majority of these units work just fine. Yes, there are stories and complaints of failures but no more than ANY of the other AIO solutions. Just visit thier forums and you'll see a lot of the same.

just install it and find out.. If the unit works fine the way it came out of the box, there is no need to update the firmware. If it's not broke, don't fix it.Just let the Link Software install and go from there. If it prompts you to upgrade either of them you can if you want, but it's not necessary if the unit is working correctly.

thanks guys - appreciate it - im waiting on my 8320 before i install it - my unit came directly from corsair - actually, its quite awesome what they did for me - apx. 3 weeks after i bought the H100 the H100i came out - i emailed customer support and 15 bucks for return shipping, i sent them my H100 and they exchanged it for the H100i - very killer of them to do that for me - i was very impressed - it did take 3 weeks for them to get any units in stock to ship to me but i was very impressed none the less - shoild have my cpu first part of the week so my fingers are crossed that it all goes smoothly !

I really don't think you'll have any problems. Like i stated you do see issues, but you really have to keep the number of complaints and or failures in perspective. They are selling thousands of these units world wide every month. So even if you see 50 failures, it's a very small percentage of what is being sold.

I don't mean to sound like a big fanboy or anything, it's just that i have been here for quite awile and like the community. I really see very little issues. There is not a large rush of problems, they just trickle in a little at a time. 2 or three a day out of thousands of units is not a bad batting average. And I'm sure there are a few more every day at CS to add to that. But if you say 20 posts a day , yeah, that would concern me too. But this is a "support" forum after all and no one ever stops by to say things are great! :)

And IF by some strange stroke of luck that you do have a problem, just call CS and they will take care of you right away. I have used the RMA service a couple of times personally and they couldn't a much nicer group to have to deal with. They literally will do what ever they can to make things right if it's within their power! :) And advanced replacements are available upon requests with a valid CC to keep your downtime to a minimum.

i figured guys - i had no problems with my H100 - it replaced my Noctua nh-d14 (that thing was a beast, covered all my pretty innards - lol) and cooled about 2-3 degrees better (which surprised me) and +1 to the support for sure - they sure didnt have to exchange mine for the "i" series - was very happy - well thanks again for all the input - i am def. more confident now than i was -

My H100i works perfect. Not a single issue. Came with the latest firmware so i didn't have to update. No strange noises or anything.

Keeps my 2500K@4.6 1.35V around 60°c while stress testing in quiet mode. Nice upgrade from my H60.

No complaints here.

Archived