Corsair Community

Asus P8B-WS, E3-1245, Corsair Vengeance 4*8GB = Does not boot

xopah

CPU: Xeon E3-1245

PSU: Antech 550W

MoBo: Asus P8B WS

Bios v.: 2106 (newest)

Runnig an ESXi (5.0) server and wanted to expand the memory to 32Gb memory. Earlier I had 4*4Gb (4 * KVR1333D3N9/4G)

I bought a kit 4*8 GB 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 Mhz ( CMZ32GX3M4X1600C10 ) The Vengeance memory lists does work interchangeable, both slot wise and list wise, but system does not boot if I have all four lists in. It hangs in the pre-check of BIOS on the memmory.

I had no similar problem with the earlier Kingston memory modules.

The memmory modules is required to run at 1.5v tried to up it to 1.6v. but no change.Timings are supposed to be 10-10-10-27 but auto in bios auto settings is set to 9-9-9-something. Tried both the recommended settings and auto settings no change. The Corsair memory is supposed to run at 1600mhz but i just want 1333mhz as the processor (E3-1245) only supports that. If it needs to run at 1600mhz I dont mind but it is not my main goal. I have also set (upped) VCCIO to 1.2v but no change.

Do you know how to get all lists working?

By "that" I was thinking XMP profiles. and how do I enable them?

And second. How do the Xeon processor react to XMP profiles?

- Does it even work? - I have been looking before but did not see the place to enable it

section 3-8 and 3-9 in your manual shows you where and how to enable XMP.

And second. How do the Xeon processor react to XMP profiles?

- Does it even work? - I have been looking before but did not see the place to enable it

Yes, it is a BIOS option and the CPU should work just fine with it.

yes, like peanut said, please see pages 3-8 and 3-9

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1155/P8B-WS/Manual/E6384_P8B_WS.pdf

I cant see any XMP load option!

In ASUS SPD Information I can see the XMP info (in all three slots) but not load them to my settings.

Also on Ai Tweaker the hand books clearly shows an option "Ai Overclock Tuner" with the explenation about loading XMP when available. My Ai Tweaker tab only shows a yellow marked "Target DRAM Speed : 1333 Mhz" And is not configurable even though I have three of my corsair memory modules installed.

Archived