Corsair Community

I think my H100i is faulty. Help!

Exadon

I've used Corsair products for awhile now, and I haven't had any problems, until now. I'd heard excellent things about the H100i, so I went and picked myself up one. I'm not sure what the problem is, but the thing just can't keep my i7 3770k(un-overclocked) cool.

At load it reaches 85º in a matter of two or three minutes.

At first I did have some trouble figuring out how to control the fans through Corsair link, but now that I figured them out, the problem still isn't solved.

With the fans at maximum, they still can't stop the CPU from overheating.

I've tried stress testing with Prime95, as well as OCCT, so I know it's not specific to just one of them.

I've tried mounting the fans in different directions to maximize airflow, to avail. In fact, the radiator is cool to the touch.

The only thing I could think of is that perhaps the unit isn't effectively pumping warm water to the radiator.

I paid a lot of money for this process/cooler combination, and was really hoping to get the best out of it.

Any help would be much obliged

*Edit* Also, my PC is in the basement, which is a cool 50 Fº, so the environment shouldn't be making it overheat

Ok to start with your fans should always be going the same direction. Depending on your case and airflow setup will determine if you should use it as exhaust or intake. You should do your best to even out your exhaust and intake fans on the case, also take into account the air your gpu exhuast. I have a 3770k at 4.6GHz at 1.300v stable and it never gets above 80C. So either this is an issue with possibly to much negative pressure in your case, or you mounted the heatsink improperly.

I had similar problems with my H100i where I would run p95 and temps would instantly go up to 75 C. to fix this I added extra rubber washers on top of the ones already on the backplate to give the backplate a tighter fit and allow the h100i waterblock to have better contact with the CPU. there is a review of the h100i on youtube that mentions how the Intel backplate was poorly measured and should be tweaked or not even used. Not sure if this would work in your situation though.

I've heard of people easily getting the 3770k stable beyond 4ghz with an h100i. There;s absolutely no reason that mine can't keep it cool at stock speeds.

This drives me nuts when i hear this....every processor is different. Just because other users have had different results in no way means you can expect the same from your CPU....there no givens when it comes to overclocking.

Archived