Corsair Community

Sierra2Service bugging Safe Remove Drive Features

Sanxer

This service is conflicting with Safe Hardware Removal service.

This happens under Windows 8, don't know if on other OS is the same.

Stopping the service, everything works fine again.

I tried even Unlocker 1.9.1 application to discover what was blocking me from safely removing any drive type.

I discovered this by stopping services manually.

My Corsair Link 2 Device(H80i) Infos are attached as a Screenshot, also took a screencast showasing the problem.

http://i.videobam.com/opLAm.jpg

Till the problem is solved I've decided to remove the service, or maybe I will script something to stop the service whenever I need to remove a Disk, still this is an annoying problem.

So what I want to know, is what happens to my Fans behaviour if I stop the service.

Does FANS RPM increase automatically if temperature rises, does last behaviour setup for the fans(currently set to Custom with my custom graph) get hard coded to the Corsair H80i Device so I can stop the service safely ?

Or does the Device uses a default profile if the Sierra2Service gets shutdown or not installed at all ?

CorsairLink2_System.thumb.jpg.1c3d6fd7465d09f37417bb66d8e41f13.jpg

At the moment no solutions, I'm doing some tests to try to make things better.

I've had other system errors and attempt to restart the system because Sierra APP Crashed.

Still I would appreciate that Corsair would put the right effort in supporting Windows 8, times are evolving and we cannot wallow in supporting only XP and 7, because the OS development goes on.

Have you tried windows 7 compatibility mode? works for some. Otherwise no telling when any of the issues will get fixd.

No, Compatibility mode doesn't change the situation.

Checking Event Viewer you get a Kernel PnP(PlugNPlay) warning like this:

The application \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CorsairLink 2\SierraService.exe with process id 796 stopped the removal or ejection for the device USB....

No, Compatibility mode doesn't change the situation.

Checking Event Viewer you get a Kernel PnP(PlugNPlay) warning like this:

The application \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CorsairLink 2\SierraService.exe with process id 796 stopped the removal or ejection for the device USB....

their sharing usb ports regardless whether its a header or external,trying move one to another oort.

At the moment no solutions, I'm doing some tests to try to make things better.

I've had other system errors and attempt to restart the system because Sierra APP Crashed.

Still I would appreciate that Corsair would put the right effort in supporting Windows 8, times are evolving and we cannot wallow in supporting only XP and 7, because the OS development goes on.

yes but win8 is in infant stage of release,give them time to make things compatable

problems i see are rather minute and can be tolerated for now.its also possible its a bios bug as the problems arent global.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same thing for me. If I stop the service I can eject USB drives but if not they often cannot be and SierraService.exe through Corsair Link 2 (latest version) is the culprit. See bellow. Can this be fixed please?? :sigh!:

The application \Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\CorsairLink 2\SierraService.exe with process id 2760 stopped the removal or ejection for the device USB\VID_1058&PID_070A\575835314331304B34333535.

This is not only a windows 8 problem this is happening to me in windows 7 aswell,originally I had my H80i running with windows 8 getting this exact problem with the Safe Remove Drive Feature and the only way to fix the problem was to shutdown the Sierra2Service in task manager everytime I wanted to disconnect a harddrive,which is to much drama,so I then went and installed windows 7 thinking the problem should go away but turned out even windows 7 has this same problem with the Safe Remove Drive Feature.

I tried asking corsair for some help on these forums regarding my problems with windows 7 and windows 8 and I didn't get any replies,the only reply I got was that I should make a batch files to make it easier to shut down the Sierra2Service every time I want to shut down a drive.

Look this is not good enough,I mean it is bad enough not having the H80i work with windows 8 when corsair released the H80i,windows 8 must of been released for about 6 months before the H80i even come to the market so corsair had plenty of time.

But what bugs me the most is the fact that this Safe Remove Drive Feature problem is still happening in windows 7,now windows 7 is how old must be 4 years old by now,corsair should of had full compatibility with at least windows 7 before they released the H80i,surely they test things like this before releasing things to the market.

As it is I am running the H80i without the software,because with the link 2 software running it's not worth the hastle you have to go through.

I have used corsair parts for years,most of the parts in my pc are corsair,ram,psu,ssd H80i etc,everytime I build a pc for someone I always use corsair wherever I can.

But this sort of crap really turns me of the brand,basically a unusable H80i with not even windows 7 support out of the box,maybe I need to go back to windows xp or windows millennium to get the software to work.

as im sure you have already heard they are working on the software to fix these issues

it isnt so much as the os thats causing these problems but other software that gets released and especially newer hardware such as m/b,video cards ect.. thats causing these problems.

lets say the firmware makes everything work good,tomorrow a new m/b gets released and sold,then bam another unique problem pops up.

people blame corsair where in many cases it isnt at fault

i have an 80 and 100 cooler with link and have no issues,but why,,its the same stuff as others have

see what i mean?

as im sure you have already heard they are working on the software to fix these issues

it isnt so much as the os thats causing these problems but other software that gets released and especially newer hardware such as m/b,video cards ect.. thats causing these problems.

lets say the firmware makes everything work good,tomorrow a new m/b gets released and sold,then bam another unique problem pops up.

people blame corsair where in many cases it isnt at fault

i have an 80 and 100 cooler with link and have no issues,but why,,its the same stuff as others have

see what i mean?

Yeah but my Intel Z77 motherboard all the other parts that my pc including windows 7 was made up from were all released way before this H80i was released,so that shouldn't be an issue,and all my parts are known brands,Asus Z77 motherboard,intel 3770k,corsair ram,corsair ssd,corsair 1200w gold psu corsair H80i,nvidia gpu.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived