Corsair Community

Corsair questions before starting a new build

I am starting a new build. Some parts already ordered and some still yet to specify and order. I am not a big gammer but I do want a computer that will suffice for several years and provide support for graphics, video capture, and video editing/production of captured videos. I use Microsoft Office a lot and will be doing some level of website generation and support. I want to use three Corsair components and have questions:

The case is a Corsair 500R. The processor is an AMD FX-8350. The cooler for the processor is a Corsair Hydro Series H60. I am considering a Corsair HX 750 Gold modular power supply. I plan to purchase an ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 motherboard.

How well will the H50 cooler integrate into the 500R case?

Will there be an issue with the cable lengths from the HX 750 power supply mounted in the 500R case being able to reach all the various drive slots in the case and the power hookups on the motherboard using the cable routing features of the 500R case?

Is there anything special I should be considering or know about that would not be obvious to me in this build?

Thanks for any help and insight.

Thanks! That is what I needed to know. I have researched a lot and read a lot of customer posts for a variety of the power supplies and I see on several of them where customers mention that the power supply cables are too short and that they have to purchase extenders to get the cables to reach in some cases. I only saw one mention of the Corsair power supply where someone said the cables were long so I was guessing that meant that Corsair made theirs long enough to reach everything no matter what.

Archived