Corsair Community

H100i firmware issue?

conb123

So I built a new system recently with a h100i, everything was working pretty nicely but I had noticed some minor vibration noises and I saw that your latest firmware claimed to fix this. So I installed Corsair Link 2.2 which detected my h100i and I flashed the latest firmware. This seemed to flash ok however now for some reason the LED no the CPU block has turned red and the fans have turned themselves up to maximum RPM. Now also corsair link will not detect my h100i. Please don't say that it is bricked and I will have to RMA it, postage costs to the Netherlands will be crazy!

Pretty much everyone who has the H100i has this problem; or at least A problem. I also have it running at 100% fan speed and it is not being recognized by link. My led, however, is completely off. Many others have this reported since trying to upgrade firmware. They have stated that they are working on it, but it has been almost a month and it is very frustrating. The best thing to do would either go for RMA, or hold tight for a new firmware fix or something that could unbrick these pieces of hardware.

I am frustrated not only by the fact that they released faulty firmware that has potentially bricked a majority of their consumers of this product, but that it has been almost a month with little to no official recognition that they screwed many of us over. We have a cooling unit that runs noisily at 100% all the time with no way of controlling it and it gives no response to our systems. Some of us even have fans not working as they should and pumps burning out as a direct consequence of this faulty firmware. Is seems as though no one tested it before release...

Yes I'm fed up with having a PC that sounds like a jet engine too. I have plugged them both into my mobo system fan headers now but since both corsair fans are 3 pin i don't think i can even control the speed that way right? Have to admit I've been buying corsair products for years and i expected a bit more quality control than this.

Yes I'm fed up with having a PC that sounds like a jet engine too. I have plugged them both into my mobo system fan headers now but since both corsair fans are 3 pin i don't think i can even control the speed that way right? Have to admit I've been buying corsair products for years and i expected a bit more quality control than this.

This is my first real corsair product and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I cannot understand how a company that has been trusted by a large amount of people can do this to its customers; releasing an obviously not finished firmware update that potentially bricked a large percent of its users. The one thing i hope i dont have to do is RMA because they make YOU pay for shipping. This is frustrating because we did not screw up, they did.

Archived