Issues with CMX8GBX3M2A1333C9

HPEC

Hello,

Few days ago, i noticed some issues with my rig :

-Only few random services starting with windows

-"MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" BSOD

-"Memory cannot be written/read"

-Numerous crashes to desktop

I burned Memtest (lastest from http://www.memtest.org/) on a dvd and ran some tests :

Both RAM 1 and RAM 2 on SLOTS 1 and 3 (dual channel) = Tons of errors

Only RAM 1 on SLOT 1 to SLOT 4 = No errors

Only RAM 2 on SLOT 1 to SLOT 4 = Tons of errors

I didn't push the tests very far tho, it went from 0 to thousands errors in only few minutes.

The voltage seems okay in the bios (~1.5v), i tried to activate the XMP option, it didn't do any good.

Everything is at stock value, i never tried to OC anything and the MSI OC-genie-thingy is OFF.

Bought it from amazon.fr (shipped from germany iirc) last summer, everything was fine until now. It's my only set of RAM.

:confused:

That's no mystery there. One stick passes and one stick fails. RMA the kit!

Use the link on the left to request an RMA!

Bought it from amazon.fr (shipped from germany iirc) last summer, everything was fine until now. It's my only set of RAM.

Pull the failing stick out and continue to use the good one. What you can do is to call CS by phone and request an advanced RMA so they ship you a new set before you have to return the old set. That way you have no down time. But it will require a phone call to them for security purposes.

If you are out side the USA, you can instal and use SKYPE to call the toll free number and it wont cost you anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived