Corsair Community

AX860i : CorsairLink2 (v2.2) issues

engf-010

Greetings everybody,

After reading several reviews ,I decided to buy me an AX860i PSU.

And I must say it's really a great product.

Less power consumption (although not that spectacular) ,more and longer cables and less 'noise' than my previous PSU.

Also it seems that the voltages to the CPU are somewhat less (but I guess thats just my perception).

However ,I do have some issues with the USB-dongle and/or the software CorsairLink2 (v2.2).

1) the graph says the temperature of the PSU is 3800 C (!?!?!?) ,however no fan increase.

2) the effiency displayed is several hunderd-trillion percent (unless I can't see the decimal point ,I'm on 2560x1440) ,but in- & out-power seem to be OK.

3) displayed voltages are

5625.0 = 24 PIN ATX 12V (V)

2225.0 = MAIN (V)

5625.0 = Pheri. 12V (V)

4375.0 = PSU 3.3V (V)

5625.0 = PSU 5V (V)

.0 = 24 PIN ATX 12V (A)

5625.0 = MAIN (A)

1125.0 = Pheri. 12V (AS)

4) displayed currents on PCIe are (NB. I only have PCIe 1 (2x6) connected to my NVIDIA GTX670)

.0 = PCIe 1 ,2 & 3 (A)

275.0 = PCIe 4 (A)

3175.0 = PCIe 5 (A)

0675.0 = PCIe 6 (A)

5) it's displaying only 3 HDDs (I have 4 HDDs).

6) it's accessing all my harddrives every second (I don't understand why ,no logging set)

Are these things on the bug-fix list or is it a Dongle problem and if so will it be replaced somehow ?

Furthermore ,I would like to comment on the program in general:

- It lacks a help/guide and or some kind of legend.

- it's by far the most ugly appearance I've seen in years ,really awful.

I'm a programmer myself and if I had delivered such a piece of software ,in the best case scenario my bosses wouldn't have paid me.

Honestly ,I think it's unacceptable (especially since it's a 2.2 version).

On a scale 0 to 10 (higher is better) : AX860i = 9 :): and CorsairLink2 = 1 :beatchair.

[Edit:Just remember something]

After inspecting windows-logs

there where 2 or 3 Error loggings regarding some C-link service. I searched my computer and googled for it but didn't find any connection with Corsair.

I can't shake the feeling that it still has something to do with CorsairLink2.

The error was something like "C-link service couldn't update register XXX" where XXX is twohunderd-and-something-i-cannot-remember. (Sorry whiped log-files)

Not really. Before one starts programming one need to know about the subject. A program like CorsairLink2 not easy to develop ,there a lot of things that I don't know about that I first would have to learn.

For instance ,I once had to develop an USB-driver and firmware for a device my employer manufactured. Therefore I needed to learn about operations of the device and the many ways it was used. Then I had to learn about USB-protocols. All of that took 3.5 months without programming a single line of code.

your definition of programmer is way to narrow ,it is not restricted to computers. Anybody who sets the temperaure and duration on a washingmachine is strictly speaking also a programmer.

Besides ,this conversation is getting off-topic.

The point is ,I bought a piece of Hardware that is terrific ,but the software that is part of the package is of unacceptable quality.

your definition of programmer is way to narrow ,it is not restricted to computers. Anybody who sets the temperaure and duration on a washingmachine is strictly speaking also a programmer.

Besides ,this conversation is getting off-topic.

The point is ,I bought a piece of Hardware that is terrific ,but the software that is part of the package is of unacceptable quality.

Erz why do you need to monitor the voltages actually? The Corsair link software is always going to present 12.0V on the +12V rail anyways. The only point would be controlling the amount of power being used or just setting the fan to x% but I don't see the point at all changing the fanspeed really..

I don't. Those Voltages and Currents are just characteristic for the low quality.

I don't need the program at all. But sinds it's supplied with the PSU from a very repectable manufacture like Corsair ,I expect it to function reasonably proper (every program contains bugs ,even mine).

The only reason I probebly would use the program is when the fan of the PSU starts (on a really hot summerday). But what is use of it when it says the temp of the PSU is almost 4000 C.

As a programmer I take some pride in my work ,but this program is just offensive. This looks like it's released without testing ,which is the biggest sin in software development. All those numbers are beyond simple bugs ,they should make the responseble developper crawl under a big rock out of shame and contemplate a careerswitch.

Hello All,

I installed an AX860i last week along with Corsair Link 2 Ver.2.2.0. I noticed in task manager that it installed 'Sierra2service'.

While the PSU itself seems to be working perfectly I would welcome any feedback on the following two issues.

(note: nothing on this system is overclocked and Corsair link 2 is using its default settings)

My system was idle, Corsair link 2 was closed, when the system pinged and a dialog box opened with the title 'sierra2.gpu.exe'. The box was empty and there was no indication as to what it was or why it opened. This only happened once and 5 days after installation.

With Corsiar link 2 closed Task manager shows the system idling at 5% cpu usage or less. If I open Corsair link 2 the cpu usage jumps to between 30-40%.

I couldn't find any answers on the net about this but I did see where people were having issues with being unable to boot into safe mode with 'Sierra2service' running. I have since disabled the service.

Any thoughts would be appreciated :biggrin:

1. This is probably a one time issue The service monitors the temp of your graphics card.

2. The service runs in the background for temp monitoring.

The safe mode issue should have been fixed in 2.1.7 where the service won't start under safe mode.

Thank you. The PSU was the first component of my upgrade and I wanted to be 100% sure about it before moving on.

Archived