Corsair Community

H100 still overheating after applying thermal paste

Icallhacks

I applied Antec formula 7 thermal paste to the CPU, yet the temps skyrocket to 100 Celsius within 30 seconds, causing the fail safe to shut it down...I have tried taking off thermal paste, thinking I had too much, trying various amounts, was wondering if anyone knew how to fix my problem.

Double check to be sure the unit is powering up. It sounds as if the pump is not running causing the temps to skyrocket like that.

You should have the three pin connector to the CPU_FAN header and this should let you read the pumps RPM's in the BIOS . If it is low or zero the unit needs replaced.

Double check to be sure the unit is powering up. It sounds as if the pump is not running causing the temps to skyrocket like that.

You should have the three pin connector to the CPU_FAN header and this should let you read the pumps RPM's in the BIOS . If it is low or zero the unit needs replaced.

Thank you, this may be the problem, as it is reading 0, about to check whether it unplugged after installation, or was DOA

if theres no free sata slots on the m/b,you can buy a sata controller card

As real1high pointed out all you need is a molex to sata connector if you don't have any spare SATA power connectors left on the PSU.

No need for a SATA controller card!

All you would need is something like this if you dont have any spare sata connectors on your PSU

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/3431/sat-42/4-Pin_Molex_to_Serial_ATA_Power_Adapter_Cable_-_Blue_LED.html?tl=g2c38s261

By does not seem to have any additional slots, I should have phrased that as we don't know where we would plug anything in.

youll need to unplug one of the powered molex',install the splitter,then it makes 1 molex into 2.one for the device you disconnected and a free molex for your current need.

its easy to do,say one of your molex is hooked to a drive or whatever,just unplug it and plug in the splitter and then you have 2 molex connections,one for the drive you initially unplugged and one extra molex for whatever you need it for.

like an extension cord that you can plug multiple things into

Archived