Corsair Community

H80 Fan#1 Speed does not reset

jbmart

Hi, I have a H80 CPU cooler and the Corsiar Link with only the cooling node installed. The problem I am having is that sometimes when the computer comes out of sleep mode, the #1 cooling fan on the H80 reverts to full speed and will not slow back down. I have the Corsiar link set to Quiet Mode and all the other fans stay at the correct speed. Closing the software and relaunching does nothing. I found that if I go to Options:Devices and run Update Firmware the system seems to reset and work normally. I don't actually update the firmware, just open and close the update program. I am assuming this is a software problem, has anyone else experienced this? I am running Corsair Link Version 2.2.0 and have firmware version 2.0.6 in the Commander and version 1.1.12 in the H80.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got around to swapping fan headers, and it made no difference. H80 Fan #1 still gets stuck at maximum RPMs when the computer comes out of sleep mode. It doesn't happen everytime.

I tried swapping the digital cable from the H80 to a different port on the Link controller, also made no difference.

I also noticed there are two LEDs on the Link controller, one is lit steady green, the other is flashing red. Is that normal? I haven't found any info on what these LEDs are indicating.

Disconnect the LINK Digital cable and reset the H80 firmware.

1. While the computer is running, hold down the profile button for approximately five seconds

2. Wait one minute, while the unit continues to run

3. Shut down your computer

4. Press and hold the profile button for five seconds while turning on the power to your computer.

The green L.E.D. indicated power to the unit and the flashing/flickering red L.E.D. indicates activity.

Archived