Corsair Community

Unable to safely disconnect USB devices - Link software problem?

rea1high

wytnut, i didn't know that. i can feel that the drive stop spinning after clicking safely remove, so i'm not sure if there's a significant risk.

robandcathy, it would be a remarkable coincicidence that the pc's been working for nearly 2 years and in this time I have not had this problem. now after installing the H80i i can no longer eject drives.

yes, i could uninstall the software, just to be double check. however, i'm reluctant to do that, because i don't want to find myself in a position where the software won't load, or the hardware's not being recognised by windows, like so many other on here.

i'm not sure i understand your shooting/questions reference.

are you aware of any other problems that could be causing this?

i have hotswaps in both builds along with external bays,some will eject while some wouldnt.,even before corsair was a factor.but after learning the hard way ill do a shutdown eject.when files get corrupted they still show up but wont work.suxx as i really liked the hotswap idea.

ah no, i'm not talking hotswaps, i'm talking USB devices, such as portable USB HDD's.

yeah, i have hotswap bays, but i don't use them, for the reason you've mentioned.

having to switch off and reboot for usb devices, which i am often connecting and disconnecting, is not really viable.

i don't know if anyone knows, but while i'm testing the USB issue, i'm assuming the fans will spin up still if i disconnect the USB header for the H80i, but will spin at full speed? or will i have to connect the fan to the mobo to get it to spin at all?

usb flash drives arent as prone to data loss as long as there is no activity going on but ill still wait a couple minutes after transfer before i unload them.especially the hi-speed ones that gets a data surge as they seem to work even tho files seem to be finished

yeah, the thing is, the drives weren't connected when i installed it.

i'll try a reinstall, but i'm not holding up much hope of this being a solution

edit - yep, as i thought, that made no difference.

i disconnected link, uninstalled, rebooted. connected link, reinstalled. same problem.

tbh, i'm really not happy with the H80i at all.

• 2 months later...
yeah, the thing is, the drives weren't connected when i installed it.

i'll try a reinstall, but i'm not holding up much hope of this being a solution

edit - yep, as i thought, that made no difference.

i disconnected link, uninstalled, rebooted. connected link, reinstalled. same problem.

tbh, i'm really not happy with the H80i at all.

Its the Sirerra 2 service that causes the problem , i was unable to eject anything connected to front or back ports. I'm amazed how they could miss a huge bug like this ... i returned my H80i to Amazon but might buy again if its fixed. There is a bat.file that stops and starts the service though but doing that each time is a bit of a pain.

http://forum.corsair.com/FORUMS/showthread.php?t=114965

Like I suggested lol uninstall and see if it fixed it, now if your software actually worked and you liked it a work around could be just to go into task manager and kill the service just before you need to eject your media, then restart service. I know this may be a pain but its a interm solution.

Archived